Swift Group Warranty
Coachbuilt Motorhome Warranty
(2018 models onwards)
All the illustrations and descriptive matter in the handbook are intended to give a general idea of the motorhome. Changing market and supply situations and our policy of continuous product development may prevent us from maintaining the exact specifications detailed in this handbook. We therefore reserve the right to alter specifications as materials and conditions demand.
Dealers are not agents of Swift Group Limited ("Swift") and have absolutely no authority to bind the manufacturer by any express or implied undertaking or representation.
Your Coach-built motorhome has four warranties:
Base Vehicle Warranty – provided by Fiat
Your vehicle is a coach-built motorhome which utilises a Fiat base vehicle. Swift takes a flat bed chassis supplied by Fiat and adds the coach-built habitation part of the motorhome. Fiat provide a manufacturer's warranty for the base vehicle as supplied to Swift by them. For any issues with the base vehicle warranty please contact your local Fiat dealer. This Motorhome Warranty does not cover any parts of your motorhome that are covered by the Fiat manufacturer's warranty. Your base vehicle warranty is subject to the terms and conditions contained in the Fiat handbook supplied with the base vehicle and the vehicle must be serviced in accordance with Fiat's requirements.
SuperSure Warranty – provided by Swift
For all parts or fittings of your coach-built motorhome other than the habitation body shell and the Fiat base vehicle, Swift will repair (or at it's option, replace) any defective parts or fittings for 3 years from the date of purchase (or hire purchase) subject to conditions, terms and exclusions below.
Body Shell Warranty – provided by Swift
Swift will repair (or at its option, replace) any defects with the habitation body shell for 6 years from the date of purchase (or hire purchase), subject to the conditions, terms and exclusions below.
Extended Body Shell Warranty – provided by Swift
For the first owner, Swift will repair (or at its option, replace) any defects with the habitation body shell for 10 years from the date of purchase (or hire purchase), subject to the conditions, terms and exclusions below.
The SuperSure Warranty, the Body Shell warranty and/or the Extended Body Shell Warranty provided by Swift do not cover any parts of the motorhome that are covered by the Fiat warranty.
Conditions for the SuperSure, Body Shell and Extended Body Shell Warranties
- You must ensure that the habitation part of your coach-built motorhome has an Annual Service (see clause 2 below) within 90 days before or 60 days after each anniversary of the original date of purchase. In order to preserve your SuperSure Warranty the third Annual Service must, however, be carried out before the expiry of the 36 month period from the original date of purchase. In order to preserve your Body Shell Warranty, the sixth Annual Service must be carried out before the expiry of the 72 month period from the original date of purchase. In order to preserve your Extended Body Shell Warranty, the tenth Annual Service must be carried out before the expiry of the 120 month period from the original date of purchase. If you have not performed an Annual Service then Swift will not be obliged to perform any work under the applicable warranty. Original VAT invoices must be retained as proof that Annual Service have been carried out.
- The Annual Service on the body shell and habitation area must be carried out in accordance with the requirements in this handbook. You will be responsible for any charges made for an Annual Service. If the Annual Service is performed by an authorised Swift Group Service Centre then Swift warrants that the Annual Service has been performed correctly. If the Annual Service is performed by an unauthorised repairer or service centre then if the Annual Service has not been performed in accordance with the requirements in this handbook and/or work has been performed on your motorhome that is defective or faulty, then Swift will not be obliged to perform any work under this Warranty (insofar as it relates to defective or faulty work or defective Annual Service).
- All new motorhomes must be registered with Swift within 6 weeks of purchase as new.
- The benefit of the SuperSure and Body Shell Warranties may be transferred to a new owner if the motorhome is re-sold, provided that the motorhome has been serviced in accordance with the requirements of this handbook, and details of the change of ownership have been supplied to Swift using the change of ownership form set out in this handbook as soon as reasonably practicable after the change.
- The benefit of the Extended Body Shell Warranty is non transferable to new owners and applies only to the original registered keeper of the vehicle.
- If any repairs are identified as being necessary to the body shell or habitation areas during an Annual Service or otherwise, Swift will only pay for Warranty work performed by an authorised Swift Group Service Centre. The motorhome must be made available to an authorised Swift Group Service Centre within 6 weeks of the date the repair need was identified for the work to be carried out. The cost of transporting, towing or moving the motorhome by any means to or from the place of repair is the responsibility of the owner.
The SuperSure, Body Shell and Extended Body Shell Warranties only apply to motorhomes purchased and used primarily within the UK. Please refer to the Fiat handbook for use of the base vehicle outside the UK.
The Body Shell Warranty and Extended Body Shell Warranty covers any defect with the panels and seams of the coachbuilt habitation part of the motorhome. This includes body leaks, delamination of panels or floor, water ingress through any permanently sealed seam joints. NB: The Extended Body Shell Warranty is non transferable and only applies to the original registered owner.
In the first 12 months the SuperSure Warranty will cover any defect other than those specified in the Exclusions below.
In the years 2 and 3 the SuperSure Warranty will only cover any defect with the following components:
- Electrical System: PSU, battery charger, Smart Command and interior lighting units (excluding bulbs).
- Water system: water heater, fresh water tank, water pump, water gauges, taps and shower head.
- Cooker: the cooker unit including grill, oven, burners, igniter and flame failure device.
- Refrigerator: gas igniter, flame failure device, door seal condenser, gas control valve, 12V and 230V heater elements, gas thermostat, 230V thermostat and 230V temperature control switch.
- Cassette toilet: the casstte toilet (excluding seals, valves and glands)
- Heating system: thermostat, motor, switches, control unit, gas heater, flame failure device and igniter (excluding ducting and fittings)
- Windows: the functionality of the opening and closing sytem (stays, handles and catches) and a warranty against the cracking of the acrylic. Excludes fading.
- Upholstery: zips, seams and colour fastness.
In years 2 and 3, any defect specified in the Exclusions will not be covered.
Swift shall not be liable under the SuperSure, Body Shell and Extended Body Shell Warranties for any defect related to or arising from the following:
- The failure of a component for reasons of fair wear and tear;
- Damage resulting from freezing, fire, over-heating or accidents (whether caused by the user or a third party);
- Misuse of any component;
- Normal deterioration, corrosion, intrusion of foreign or harmful bodies, lack of servicing or negligence of any person other than Swift which causes stoppage of or impairment to the function of any component of the motorhome;
- Replacement of parts which have reached the end of their effective working life because of age and/or usage;
- Cleaning or adjustment of any assemblies;
- Cosmetic finishes to kitchen sinks, cooker tops, vanity units, shower trays; and/or
- Routine maintenance items which are part of the annual service including lubricants, rubber gas hose, the cleaning of the heater and fridge flues, the replacement of gas jets, the resealing and/or replacement of shower room sealant, and the adjustment and lubrication of locks.
In addition to the exclusions above, in years 2 and 3 of the SuperSure Warranty Period, Swift Group Limited shall not be liable under this Warranty for any defects related to:
- Any audio equipment;
- Any microwave; and/or
- Any television
- Wall and Roof GRP sheeting material: after 24 months from date of purchase.
Swift shall also not be liable under the SuperSure, Body Shell and Extended Body Shell Warranties if the Motorhome has been neglected, misused, modified or used for hire or reward or if the identification marks (chassis/VIN numbers) have been removed or defaced.
The motorhome will be deemed to have been neglected if it has not been serviced and maintained as stated in this handbook or any repairs being identified as necessary at an Annual Service or by a Swift Group Service Centre have not been carried out in a reasonable time.
You have legal rights under UK law governing the sale of consumer goods. These warranties do not affect your legal rights.
The name and address of the warranty provider is:
Swift Group Limited, Dunswell Road, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4JX
To make a claim under this warranty, contact the dealer or park operator which supplied your Home. If this is not possible then contact the Swift Group Customer Care Department on 01482 875740, or enquire on the website www.swiftgroup.co.uk