At Swift Group, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We will only send you marketing communications by email or other electronic means if you give us your agreement to do so.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time, so please check this page occasionally to ensure you’re happy with any changes. If we make changes to this Policy that will have a substantial impact on you, we will give you advance notice so that you have the opportunity to exercise any rights you have under UK law. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent in writing to Swift Group, Dunswell Road, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4JX.
Who are we?
Swift Group Limited (referred to as Swift Group) is the UK’s leading manufacturer of leisure vehicles: caravans; motorhomes; and holiday homes, and owns Swift Go Motorhome Hire. Swift Group is a registered company established in England and Wales (company number 832994), whose registered office is at Dunswell Road, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4JX.
Swift Group as Data Controller
Swift Group is responsible for and Data Controller of personal information that it receives about you such as:
- through the swiftgroup.co.uk, swifttv.co.uk, swift-talk.co.uk, swiftgo.co.uk, swiftbasecamp.co.uk, swiftmyspace.co.uk, airstream-uk.co.uk
- when you contact our Customer Service team, register for Connect Direct, or make an enquiry or other request
- when you register to receive communication, enter Swift Group competitions, register for offers
Swift is a joint Data Controller for the personal information it receives in relation to ownership of Swift products and associated warranty.
Swift is a Data Processor of the personal information it receives on Swift Command and Swift Command Tracker from authorised Swift Group dealerships.
Please note if you purchase a vehicle from an authorised Swift Group dealer or sales agent or otherwise give your information to an authorised Swift Group dealer or sales agent, you will have a separate relationship with the dealer or sales agent and they will have their own privacy policies that set out how they use information which you should consult. If you have any queries relating to their use of your data you will need to contact them directly to request how they process and use this information.
If you would like access to, or a copy of the personal information we hold about you; to request a correction, or have any questions about how we may use it; or to make a complaint, please contact us at Swift Group, Dunswell Road, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4JX, or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complaints will be responded to within the next 30 days at the latest. If you are not satisfied with how your complaint was handled, you may refer your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
How do we receive your information?
We obtain information about you:
- when you contact us directly, normally via our website or social media, or our Customer Service teams by phone, live chat or email, or to make an enquiry or other request
- when you use our websites, register to receive regular communications, enter competitions
- from our network of authorised Swift Group dealers or sales agents
- when you book a motorhome hire with Swift Go
- from our carefully selected business partners who provide products and services under one of our brands e.g. Swift Command
- occasionally from other third parties who may lawfully pass to us information about you
In order to ensure you receive relevant and personalised communication, the data we collect might include your name, address, telephone number, email address, IP address, products you are interested in, your interests, and information regarding what web pages are accessed and when.
How Swift uses your information?
We will use your information for a variety of purposes, including:
- processing orders that you have submitted
- providing or managing any information, products or services which you have requested
- notifying you of changes to our products
- to help us identify you when you contact us
- responding to enquiries
- dealing with entries into a competition
- for general administration purposes
- to help us improve the quality of our products and services
- to carry out analysis and customer profiling
- to send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about marketing activities and promotions of our associated companies goods and services
We may share your information for any of these purposes with:
- our authorised Swift Group dealers or sales agents
- our carefully selected business partners who provide products and services under one of our brands
- our service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf, such as data management firms
We do not share your data with any other third parties, with the exception of:
- when we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes
- when we are progressing existing or future legal proceedings
- when we are selling one or more of our businesses to someone to whom we may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you
If one of these organisations is outside of the European Economic Area we will take steps to make sure they agree to apply the same level of protection of your information as we are required to apply in the UK.
Legal grounds for processing your personal information
The use of your information set out above is permitted under EU data protection law on the basis of these principal legal grounds:
- where you have consented to the use you will have been presented with a consent form in relation to any such use and may withdraw your consent at any time sending an email to (email@example.com), clicking the unsubscribe link which we include on all our marketing emails, or by writing to us at Swift Group, Dunswell Road, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4JX.
- where necessary to enter into or perform our contract with you
- where we need to use it to comply with our legal obligations
- where we use it to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights (our legitimate interests include promoting Swift Group businesses and tailoring news and offers to your profile, research and development of vehicle related products and services, detecting fraud and criminal activities)
- where necessary for us to defend, prosecute or make a claim against you, us or a third party
- for the purposes of vital interests e.g. safety recalls
There may be uses that are permitted on the basis of other grounds; where this is the case we will use reasonable endeavours to identify the grounds and communicate it to you as soon as possible after becoming aware of the new basis.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Information we may send to you
We will only send you marketing communications by email or other electronic means if you give us your agreement to do so. If you give us your agreement and subsequently wish to opt out you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link which we include on all our marketing emails, email us firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can contact us at any time at the address above.
We may use your information to contact you with news on Swift Group leisure vehicles and other products and services (provided by us, or our carefully selected business partners) which may have interest for you and occasionally for market research purposes.
We may also share your information to our authorised Swift Group dealers or sales agents, and our other business partners for these purposes.
We, and these other parties, may contact you by post and phone and, if you give us your prior agreement to do so, by email, SMS and other electronic means.
The range of products and services offered by us, our authorised dealers or sales agents or our carefully selected business partners include:
- Swift Caravans
- Swift Crossover Camping Vehicles
- Swift Motorhomes
- Swift Holiday Homes
- Swift Go
- Airstream (Swift Group is the UK distributor)
- related products and services e.g. Swift Command
- other products, including (amongst other things) insurance
If you give us your agreement to receiving marketing communications and subsequently wish to opt out, you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link which we include on all our marketing emails, email us at email@example.com, or by writing to Swift Group, Dunswell Road, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4JX.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf.
- We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to send you mailings by post). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service, require them to keep your information secure and to not use it for their own direct marketing purposes
Third Party Product Providers we work in association with:
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive marketing information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about our products and services, you can opt out by clicking the unsubscribe link which we include on all our marketing emails, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can contact us at any time at the address above.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us at the address above.
How to access and update your information
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Swift Group holds about you and the accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: email@example.com, or write us at Swift Group, Dunswell Road, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4JX.
Security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information.
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Non-sensitive details (e.g. your email address) are transmitted normally over the internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so we can contact you with information relevant to you. The data we collect might include your name, address, telephone number, email address, IP address, products you are interested in, your interests, and information regarding what web pages are accessed and when. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively.
We will not share your information with any other third party for their marketing purposes.
Use of 'cookies'
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on how to switch off cookies on your computer, visit our full cookies policy. Turning off cookies may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our websites from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in May 2018.