Swift Group Warranties
Coachbuilt Motorhomes Warranty (Pre 2012 models)
All the illustrations and descriptive matter in this handbook are intended to give a general idea of the motorhome. Changing market and supply situations and our policy of continuous product development may prevent us from maintaining the exact specifications detailed in this handbook. We therefore reserve the right to alter specifications as materials and conditions demand.
Dealers are not agents of Swift Group Limited ("Swift") and have absolutely no authority to bind the manufacturer by any express or implied undertaking or representation.
Your motorhome has three warranties:
Base Vehicle Warranty – provided by either Fiat or Peugeot
Your vehicle is either a coach-built motorhome or a panel van conversion motorhome which utilises either a Fiat or Peugeot base vehicle. For a coach-built motorhome, Swift takes a flat bed chassis supplied by either Fiat or Peugeot and adds the coach-built habitation part of the motorhome. For a van conversion motorhome, Swift takes a panel van as supplied by either Fiat or Peugeot and fits out the interior of the van for habitation. Either Fiat or Peugeot provide a manufacturer's warranty for the base vehicle as supplied to Swift by them. For any issues with the base vehicle warranty please contact your local Fiat/Peugeot dealer. Your base vehicle warranty is subject to the terms and conditions contained in the Fiat or Peugeot handbook supplied with the base vehicle and the vehicle must be serviced in accordance with Fiat or Peugeot requirements.
Body Shell Warranty – provided by Swift
For the habitation body shell, Swift will repair (or at its option, replace) any defects with the body shell for 3 years from the date of purchase (or hire purchase), subject to the conditions, terms and exclusions below.
SuperSure Warranty – provided by Swift
For all parts or fittings of your caravan other than the habitation body shell and the Fiat/Peugeot base vehicle, Swift will repair (or at is option, replace) any defective parts or fittings for 3 years from the date of purchase (or hire purchase) subject to conditions, terms and exclusions below.
The Body Shell and SuperSure Warranties provided by Swift do not cover any parts of the motorhome that are covered by the Fiat or Peugeot warranty.
Conditions for the Body Shell and SuperSure Warranties
- You must ensure that the habitation part of your motorhome has an Annual Service (see clause 2 below) within 90 days before or 60 days after each anniversary of the original date of purchase. The third Annual Service must, however, be carried out before the expiry of the 36 month period from the original date of purchase. If you have not performed an Annual Service then Swift will not be obliged to perform any work under this Warranty. Original VAT invoices must be retained as proof that Annual Service have been carried out.
- The Annual Service on the body shell and habitation area must be carried out in accordance with the requirements in this handbook. You will be responsible for any charges made for an Annual Service. If the Annual Service is performed by an authorised Swift Group Service Centre then Swift warrants that the Annual Service has been performed correctly. If the Annual Service is performed by an unauthorised repairer or service centre then if the Annual Service has not been performed in accordance with the requirements in this handbook and/or work has been performed on your motorhome that is defective or faulty, then Swift will not be obliged to perform any work under this Warranty (insofar as it relates to defective or faulty work or defective Annual Service).
- All new motorhomes must be registered with Swift within 6 weeks of purchase as new.
- The benefit of the Body Shell and SuperSure Warranties may be transferred to a new owner if the motorhome is re-sold, provided that the motorhome has been serviced in accordance with the requirements of this handbook, and details of the change of ownership have been supplied to Swift using the change of ownership form set out in this handbook as soon as reasonably practicable after the change.
- If any repairs are identified as being necessary to the body shell or habitation areas during an Annual Service or otherwise, Swift will only pay for Warranty work performed by an authorised Swift Group Service Centre. The motorhome must be made available to an authorised Swift Group Service Centre within 6 weeks of the date the repair need was identified for the work to be carried out. The cost of transporting, towing or moving the motorhome by any means to or from the place of repair is the responsibility of the owner.
- The Body Shell and SuperSure Warranties only apply to motorhomes purchased and used primarily within the UK, which means that the motorhome is not used for continuous journeys outside of the UK of longer than 90 days per journey. Please refer to the Fiat or Peugeot handbook for use of the base vehicle outside the UK.
- The Body Shell Warranty covers any defect with the panels and seams of the coachbuilt habitation part of the motorhome. This includes body leaks, delamination of panels or floor, water ingress through any permanently sealed seam joints.
- In the first 12 months the SuperSure Warranty will cover any defect other than those specified in the Exclusions below.
- In the years 2 and 3 the SuperSure Warranty will only cover any defect with the following components:
- Water system; heater, fresh water tank, water pump, water gauges, taps and shower heads;
- Heating system and components;
- Main proprietary items ( for example fridge, toilet, cooker);
- Auxiliary electrics; and/or
- Windows (excluding window furniture and blinds).
In years 2 and 3, any defect specified in the Exclusions will not be covered.
- Swift shall not be liable under the Body Shell and SuperSure Warranties for any defect related to or arising from the following:
- The failure of a component for reasons of fair wear and tear;
- Damage resulting from freezing, fire, over-heating or accidents (whether caused by the user or a third party);
- Misuse of any component;
- Normal deterioration, corrosion, intrusion of foreign or harmful bodies, lack of servicing or negligence of any person other than Swift which causes stoppage of or impairment to the function of any component of the motorhome;
- Replacement of parts which have reached the end of their effective working life because of age and/or usage;
- Cleaning or adjustment of any assemblies;
- Cosmetic finishes to kitchen sinks, cooker tops, vanity units, shower trays; and/or
- Routine maintenance items which are part of the annual service including lubricants, rubber gas hose, the cleaning of the heater and fridge flues, the replacement of gas jets, the resealing and/or replacement of shower room sealant, and the adjustment and lubrication of locks.
- In addition to the exclusions above, in years 2 and 3 of the SuperSure Warranty Period, Swift Group Limited shall not be liable under this Warranty for any defects related to:
- Any audio equipment;
- Any microwave; and/or
- Any TV.
Swift shall not be liable under the Body Shell and SuperSure Warranties if the motorhome has been neglected, misused, modified or used for hire or reward or if the identification marks (chassis/VIN numbers) have been removed or defaced. The motorhome will be deemed to have been neglected if it has not been serviced and maintained as stated in this handbook or any repairs being identified as necessary at an Annual Service or by a Swift Group Service Centre have not been carried out in a reasonable time.
You have legal rights under UK law governing the sale of consumer goods. This Warranty does not affect your legal rights.
The name and address of the Warranty provider is: Swift Group Limited, Dunswell Road, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4JX.
To make a claim under this Warranty, contact the Swift Group Service Centre which supplied your motorhome. Alternatively, details of your nearest authorised Swift Group Service Centre can be obtained by contacting the Swift Group Customer Care Department on 01482 875740, or enquiring on the website www.swiftgroup.co.uk