Swift Group Warranties
Holiday Homes Warranty (2017 models onwards)
All illustrations and descriptions in this handbook are intended to give a general idea of what a Swift holiday/park home ("Home") might look like. Changing market and supply situations and our policy of continuous product development may prevent us from maintaining the exact specifications detailed in this handbook. We therefore reserve the right to alter specifications as materials and conditions demand. Your Home is manufactured by Swift Group Limited (“Swift”). Dealers and/or park operators are not agents of Swift and have absolutely no authority to bind the manufacturer by any express or implied undertaking or representation.
Your Home has three warranties:
Subject to the conditions, terms and exclusions set out in this section of the handbook, Swift will repair (or, at its option, replace) any defective parts of your Home that comes to light during the SuperSure Warranty Period. This applies to all parts and fittings of your Home (other than the structural exterior). The SuperSure Warranty Period means 12 months from the date an approved Swift Group Dealer, or Park Operator [transfers/hands over] the Home to its first owner.
Subject to the conditions, terms and exclusions set out in this section of the handbook, Swift will repair (or, at its option, replace) any defects with the structural integrity of the Home, that come to light during the Structural Warranty Period. The Structural Warranty covers any defect with the seams of the Home. This includes water ingress through any permanently sealed seam joints. The Structural Warranty Period means 36 months from the date an approved Swift Group Dealer, or Park Operator [transfers/hands over] the Home to its first owner.
Subject to the conditions, terms and exclusions set out in this section of the handbook, Swift will repair (or, at its option, replace) any defects with the chassis that come to light during the Chassis Warranty Period but only for as long as the Home belongs to its first owner. The Chassis Warranty Period means 10 years from the date an approved Swift Group Dealer, or Park Operator [transfers/hands over] the Home to its first owner.
- Swift will not be liable under this warranty for any damage or defect that arises from your failure to site your Home in accordance with Swift’s recommendations or the Code of Practice for the Transportation, Siting and Commissioning of Holiday/Park Homes. Your Dealer or Park Operator can provide you with more information on this code of practice.
- This warranty only applies to Homes purchased and sited in the UK.
- You must keep your Home in a good state of maintenance and repair. Swift will not be liable for any defect caused by any negligence, misuse or modification of the Home.
- All new Homes must be registered with Swift within 6 weeks of purchase as from new.
- Holiday Homes must not be used for permanent or residential use.
- The unit must be sited correctly on a recognised site pitch.
- The cost of transporting or moving the Home by any means to or from the place of repair is the responsibility of the owner.
- Swift shall not be liable under this warranty for any defects related to or arising from the following;
- The failure of a component for reasons of fair wear and tear;
- Damage resulting from freezing, fire, over heating or accidents (whether caused by the user or third party);
- Damage as a result of failure to carry out normal or specific maintenance including, but not specific too, not draining down and winterizing the Home.
- Defect due to condensation, fungus, mildew and damp (other than as a result of a failure of a permanent seal or joint).
- Misuse of any component;
- Normal deterioration, corrosion, intrusion of foreign or harmful bodies, lack of servicing or negligence of any person other than Swift which causes stoppage of or impairment to the function of any component of the Home.
- Replacement of parts which have reached the end of their effective working life because of age and/or usage;
- Cleaning or adjustment of any assemblies;
- Cosmetic finishes to kitchen sinks, sealants, cooker tops, vanity units, shower trays;
- Routine maintenance items including lubricants, rubber gas hose, the cleaning of the heater and flues, the replacement of gas jets, the resealing and/or replacement of shower room sealant, the adjustment and lubrication of locks;
- Any breakage or failure of any windows, glass, tyres, fluorescent tubes, replacement light bulbs, spotlights, tap washers or thermocouples;
Note: Failure of any part or component, which is not original equipment, or a defect caused as a result of an unauthorised modification to the Home will not be covered under warranty.
Swift shall not be liable under this Warranty if the Home has been neglected, misused, modified or used for hire or reward or if the identification marks (chassis/VIN numbers) have been removed or defaced. The Home will be deemed to have been neglected if it has not been maintained as stated in this handbook.
You have legal rights under UK law governing the sale of consumer goods. This warranty does not affect your legal rights.
The name and address of the Warranty provider is:
Swift Group Limited, Dunswell Road, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 4JX
To make a claim under this warranty, contact the dealer or park operator which supplied your Home. If this is not possible then contact the Swift Group Customer Care Department on 01482 875740, or enquire on the website www.swiftgroup.co.uk