Autocruise, part of the Swift Group, specialises in van conversion motorhomes and has grown to be the UK’s leading brand. For 2013, there’s new styling, even higher equipment levels and two new models –the Rhythm Compact and the larger four berth Forte, bringing the range to seven.
All Autocruise motorhomes are based on Fiat Ducato or Peugeot Boxer vans. These vans were specially designed to be motorhomes. Their car-like interiors emphasise that and Autocruise add extra luxury with an integrated, factory fit radio/CD player and burr wood effect dashboard. They’re easy to drive, quiet, economical and comply with the latest Euro5 emission standards.
2013 Autocruise models are readily identified by their smart light blue metallic paint finish, highlighted with a new graphics scheme. Enthusiasts will also spot that the TV aerial has been upgraded to a Status 530, which can be positioned for the best signal.
But the big news for 2013 is inside. New Italian Ash furniture finish, with contrasting white gloss doors and chrome detailing, is stunning and modern. And the new Cordone fabric scheme coordinates superbly.
Overhead lockers have been re-styled to incorporate concealed ambient lighting, part of the ultra-low energy lighting system which uses high quality LED fittings.
Kitchens are comprehensively equipped with a fridge, a two or three-burner gas hob and grill, and most models also have gas ovens. 2013 models also have space for an optional microwave oven, great for quick meals. When you’re ready to dine, a new extending table (model specific) can seat up to 4.
Fully fitted washrooms provide independence when needed. Most models have a stylish new fold-away washbasin which makes more space for using the toilet or showering. Hot water comes from a new Truma Combi-2 boiler, fuelled by gas or mains electric, which also powers the blown-air central heating. And, to give longer between fill-ups, the insulated fresh water tanks have been increased to 100 litres in all the except the smaller Jazz and Rhythm Compact models.
A really useful innovation for 2013 is the Truma “Drive-Safe” gas regulator, which allows you to run the heating system whilst driving – more comfortable for rear passengers and warm when you arrive on site.
On top of the great standard specification, there’s an optional “Comfort Pack” full of key upgrades including cab air-conditioning and reversing sensors. It’s very keenly priced, so all customers will want to specify it. Also, Fiat’s new automatic gearboxes are now available with the 130bhp engine, and that’s expected to be a popular option.
With such well-equipped and desirable vans, customers may well be concerned about security. Swift Group has thought of that, and a Tracker Retrieve” Thatcham approved tracking system is now standard equipment. Many insurers insist on trackers, so it could save customers several hundred pounds for fitting one later.
In addition to the standard Autocruise range, the keenly priced Rhythm Sport model continues for 2013 with same formula which has proved to be popular and continues to sell well in the current economic climate.
A final differentiator in the panel van market is the reassurance that all Autocruise models have European Whole Vehicle Type Approval which ensures compliance with strict weight, dimension and safety regulations – Autocruise are the first uk panel van manufacturer to comply with these regulations.
“Autocruise continues to lead the van conversion market with its innovative layouts and complete specifications combined with value for money. Two new models back this theme for 2013 catering for different budgets and space requirements. The Forte combines an ever-popular rear lounge with seats and beds for four people, and the Rhythm Compact is a smaller, lower cost version of our current best seller,” commented Nick Page, Swift Group Commericial Director.
Standard Autocruise Model Range
|New Forte||130bhp ELWB||4 seater, 4 berth - front dinette/ double bed, rear lounge|
|New Rhythm Compact||110bhp MWB||2 seater, 2 berth – rear parallel lounge|
|Rhythm||130bhp LWB||2 seater, 2 berth – long rear lounge|
|Accent||130bhp LWB||4 seater, 3 berth – front dinette, rear lounge|
|Alto||130bhp LWB||4 seater, 3 berth – front dinette, fixed rear bed|
|Jazz||110bhp MWB||4 seater, 2 berth – front dinette, rear washroom and kitchen|
|Quartet||130bhp LWB||4 seater, 4 berth - front dinette/ double bed, two rear bunks|
Autocruise Key Features
- European Whole Vehicle Type Approval ensures compliance with strict weight, dimension and safety regulations
- Fiat Euro 5 130bhp, 2.3 litre or Peugeot Euro 5 130bhp, 2.2 litre engine with 6-speed gearbox (Except Jazz and new Rhythm Compact)
- 110bhp, 2.2 litre Peugeot Euro 5 engine with 5-speed gearbox standard in Jazz and new Rhythm Compact
- Fully integrated factory-fit Radio/CD/MP3 player with switch-off timing adjustable up to 3 hours
- New Status 530 Directional TV aerial
- New “Tracker Retrieve” Thatcham approved tracking system
- New Locker construction with overhead lighting
- New Truma Combi 2 gas & electric blown air heating & hot water
- New Truma “Drivesafe” regulator for en-route use of heating and water heating
- New Space for optional Microwave oven
- New Dometic 8-Series, 80 litre fridge, with removable freezer compartment, for Rhythm , Rhythm Compact, Accent and Forte.
- New Insulated internal door panels.
- New Swing out table mechanism on Alto, Accent, Quartet and Jazz, Forte
- New Mirrored vanity cupboard and new fold-away washbasin (Quartet, Rhythm, Alto, Jazz & Rhythm Compact)
- Pleated windscreen blind and cab side window blinds
- Double glazed windows with cassette blinds and flyscreens
- Ultra low energy lighting system for greater independence
- New - Insulated fresh water tank capacity 100 litres (Jazz and Rhythm Compact - 66 litres)
- Waste water tank capacity 66 litres (Jazz and Rhythm Compact - 40 litres)
- Comfort-Matic automatic gearbox with Fiat Euro 5 130bhp, 2.3 litre Variable Geometry Turbo engine - (Only available in conjunction with Comfort Pack)
- Upgrade from 110bhp to 130bhp engine with 6-speed gearbox in Jazz and Rhythm Compact (Only available in conjunction with Comfort Pack)
- Special value Comfort Pack with:
- Upgraded radio/CD player with Bluetooth mobile phone connectivity, USB iPod/MP3 device connection and steering wheel controls
- Fog lights
- Cab air-conditioning
- Cruise control
- Reversing sensors
- New Burl Wood and Silver dash kit
- New Microwave oven
- Roll-out canopy awning
- Alloy wheels
- Exclusive ‘Impala’ stain resistant, easy-clean fabric