A new model and a further upgrade to the luxury specification lead the improvements to the top of the market Swift Conqueror and Sterling Elite models for the 2012 season.
Both ranges retain their distinctive silver metallic one piece sidewalls and also get AL-KO ATC trailer stability control systems fitted as standard, which combined with the shock absorbers and Hankook branded tyres make them some of the safest models to tow. The AL-KO AKS 3004 stabiliser is also updated with a new operating handle.
The Sterling Elites get a new interior treatment with Italian Ash woodgrain finish and new ‘Esterel’ laminate on the kitchen and table areas. In both ranges the Alde heating system gets a towel radiator fitted in the washroom of most models for extra warmth and drying capacity.
For added safety a carbon monoxide detector now comes as standard in addition to the smoke alarm.
Bed makeup is improved with a new system where the slats are retained in smooth running tracks and kitchen lighting gets an upgrade with LED downlighters set in a plinth over the kitchen locker.
Following customer feedback a new dual fuel Truma Ultrastore water heater now comes with two 230v settings – 850Watts or 1300Watts for rapid heat-up and the skylight in the washroom is clear to improve natural lighting levels. Front chest and cushion make up in the lounges has also been modified to increase lounging space by 70mm.
For added convenience external pump filling for the internal fresh water tank can now be turned on and off via the control panel inside the caravan.
The new model is the Conqueror 565 and Elite Opal which has an end washroom and fixed twin beds.
“Offering the choice of both single and twin axle layouts these two ranges offer the highest possible standards of style and living comfort at extremely competitive prices. They are designed for the couple or family that want to holiday all year round in total comfort no matter what the weather,” Nick Page, Commercial Director commented.
Swift Conqueror / Sterling Elite Model line up:
|Conqueror 480/ Elite Diamond||Single axle||2 berth – front parallel seating, end washroom|
|Conqueror 530/Elite Emerald||Single axle||4 berth – front parallel seating, side dinette, end washroom|
|Conqueror 570/ Elite Amber||Single axle||4 berth – front parallel seating, fixed bed , end washroom|
|Conqueror 630/Elite Searcher||Twin axle||4 berth – front parallel seating, fixed bed, end washroom|
|Conqueror 645/Elite Explorer||Twin axle||4 berth – front parallel seating, end washroom and lateral island double bed|
|Conqueror 565/Elite Opal||Single axle||NEW 4 berth – front parallel seating, end washroom and fixed twin beds|
Swift Conqueror / Sterling Elite Key features:
- Distinctive modern body shell with:-
- Metallic silver finish side walls
- Panoramic front roof window with automotive style roof locker system as standard
- Full height front with wide door made with strong closed-mould GRP
- Rain water deflector over front windows incorporating brand badge
- Imposing rear panel with latest generation rear light clusters
- Roof capping rails integrating with front and rear panels
- Semi-recessed body coloured awning channel on both sides
- Extra strong, thermally efficient 32mm thick fully bonded walls and roof
- Wheel arches insulated with high density foam to prevent cold spots in storage areas
- Profiled side skirts in tough self coloured uPVC with integrated awning channel
- 2.31m (7'7") overall width
- AL-KO ATC trailer stability control fitted as standard
- ALDE radiator central heating and water heating with daily programming, now with heated towel rail in all models except Conqueror 645 and Elite Explorer.
- Low energy lighting system throughout with fluorescent ambient over-locker lights and LED task lights
- New – LED downlighters set in plinth over kitchen locker
- Six 230V sockets including two in compact new front shelf “binnacle”
- Larger entrance door - 45mm (2") wider and 80mm (3") taller than standard size
- Easy action smart pleated cassette blinds on all windows and main rooflights
- Locker mounted eye level power supply unit & power management for easy access
- New “Italian Ash” woodgrain and “Esterel” laminate in Elite
- 'Impala' stain-resistant, easy-clean seating fabric with soft nubuck texture
Swift Plus Points
- European Whole Vehicle Type Approval ensures compliance with strict weight, dimension and safety regulations
- EN1645 Grade 3 classification for heating and thermal insulation (Cold chamber tested)
- 1.95m (6'5") headroom One-piece, 5000 Series marine grade aluminium sidewalls
- Strong redwood body and floor framing specially treated to resist moisture and fungal attack
- Hankook branded tyres for improved performance and safety
- Higher tyre rating - a minimum of 150 Kg extra load margin at 130kph (law permitting)
- Shock absorbers for a smoother more stable ride
- Step-on hitch cover for easy access to clean front
- Gas regulator fitted with stainless steel braided hose for improved reliability
- High security entrance lock for peace of mind
- Aerial point in battery box for portable satellite dish connection
- Two TV stations with 230v, 12v and aerial sockets in most models (see floorplans for detail)
- New: bed make-up system with slats retained on track
- Seat bases with spaceframe construction, full front access and space for larger items
- Areas under beds and seats warmed by blown air system and underfloor ducting insulated to minimise heat loss
- Front chest of drawers with convenient slide-out extending top
- Large dining table (1000mm x 600mm) for full-size place settings
- Positive overhead locker catches for secure loading
- Dual fuel hob with 800W electric hotplate and 3 gas burners with electronic ignition
- Ventilated microwave oven with digital controls built in at low level
- High flow rate in-board pump with chrome finish brass taps for reliable, high performance water supply
- Separate shower mixers with adjustable head positions
- High impact, scratch resistant floor lino
- Large capacity door waste bin
- Solar panel connection provision