The Escape range is the new entry point to Swift Group coachbuilt motorhomes and is designed to offer a well equipped motorhome with all the essentials at a starting price of around £30,000.
This is aimed at making owning a new motorhome an affordable proposition and will appeal to those who would rather buy new than second hand, the first time buyer and anyone looking for a good value for money motorhome.
Built by the Swift Group and sold through the Swift and Bessacarr dealer networks, the Escape comes with the backing of a major British manufacturer making it a solid choice with a comprehensive after sales service.
The Escape range will be launched at the National Boat Caravan and Outdoor Show 17-22 February at the NEC Birmingham.
The range offers 4 models providing a good choice of layouts:
- 622 – 4 berth rear lounge high line with 1 designated passenger seat
- 624 – 5 berth end kitchen high line with 3 designated passenger seats
- 664 – 4 berth fixed bed low line with 3 designated passenger seats
- 686 – 6 berth end lounge high line with 5 designated passenger seats
Based on the Fiat Ducato, the Escape comes with a 100 MJ engine as standard which provides class-leading power and performance for this low weight range. The cab is dark Imperial Blue with complementary Escape graphics to the gloss white one-piece, thick gauge aluminium side walls which are finished with GRP moulded skirts and ABS lower rear panel with stylish light clusters to give an overall striking appearance.
Cab features include ABS brakes with EBD (electronic brake force distribution), electrically operated and tinted cab windows , remote central locking of cab doors with immobiliser with rolling code, radio/CD/MP3 player, thermal cab window covers and a spare wheel to offer a level of specification you would expect in a coachbuilt motorhome.
Inside is equally well appointed with furniture in Tanganica medium walnut finish which tones perfectly with a warm beige and grey fabric scheme. Removable carpets are fitted over woodblock effect vinyl floors. The cab seats are upholstered to match the seating and in the 664 model the cab seats swivel so they can be used as an extension to the living area.
Good storage is provided with secure positive catches to the stylish overhead locker doors and seat tops with beech slats are sprung assisted for easy access to storage areas below (except travelling seats). The fixed bed mattress in the 664 model is sprung for comfort and all models have double glazed opening windows with night-latch ventilation and a Heki rooflight in the lounge area with flyscreen and adjustable blind.
Kitchens are well appointed with all appliances having electronic ignition. There is a combined thermostatic oven and grill, 3 burner gas hob with glass lid and 80 Litre fridge with 230V, gas and 12V operations. The stainless steel sink has a removable drainer and food grade nylon chopping board and there is dedicated storage for both items when not in use. The chrome finished brass pillar tap and pressurised fresh water system provide a reliable high performance water supply.
Washrooms feature the latest Thetford C250 toilet with electric flush and 18 litre wheeled holding tank and thick entrance door with domestic style mortice lock and handle. Again chrome finished brass mixer and shower taps add to the quality feel.
Three 230V sockets cater for modern demands and a Trumastore gas and electric water heater and 3kW gas space heater provide plenty of hot water and room heating.
Key options include a 130 MJ diesel engine (686 model only), and a ‘Comfort pack’ consisting of: Easy action concertina door flyscreen, Ultraheat dual fuel blown air heating system ducted to living, sleeping and washroom areas, and pleated blind system for cab window.
Nick Page, Commercial Director for Swift Group commented ‘The Escape completes the Swift Group Motorhome line up which will now cater for entry level buyers to the motorhome enthusiast. The Escape is a well equipped range at an affordable price from a well supported major British manufacturer, ideal for those who want new but thought they couldn’t afford it. With more people wanting to holiday at home, the Escape is the ideal entry point to enjoy the freedom owning a coachbuilt motorhome can bring’.
- Class-leading performance and economy from Fiat's ‘100 MultiJet' diesel engine with 5-speed gearbox
- ABS brakes with EBD (electronic brake force distribution)
- Electrically operated and tinted cab windows
- Remote central locking of cab doors and immobiliser with rolling code
- Radio/CD/MP3 player with i-Pod connection
- Thermal cab window covers
- One-piece, thick gauge aluminium sidewalls
- Spare wheel and tyre
- Lap and diagonal seat belts on all designated passenger seats
- Secure positive catches on overhead locker doors
- Seat tops with beech slats, spring -assisted for easy access (except travelling seats)
- Removable carpets over woodblock effect vinyl flooring
- Heki rooflight in lounge area with flyscreen and adjustable blind
- 80 Litre electronic ignition refrigerator with 230v, gas and 12v operation
- Combination thermostatic oven and grill with electronic ignition
- Thetford C250 cassette toilet with electric flush and 18 litre wheeled holding tank
- Three 230V sockets
- 250 watt charger/transformer for 12v supply
- ‘130 MultiJet’ diesel engine with 6-speed gearbox (686 only) Comfort Pack consisting of:-
- Easy action concertina door flyscreen
- Ultraheat dual fuel blown air system ducted to living, sleeping and washroom areas
- Pleated blind system for cab windows
The Swift Group Ltd (Swift) reserves the right to alter specifications and prices at any time as materials and conditions demand. Distributors and dealers sell Swift products on their own account and not as agents of Swift. Accordingly, they have no authority to bind Swift to make any representation or undertaking whatsoever on behalf of Swift.