A combination of new exterior and interior styling, a big list of specification improvements and a great price mean the new Swift Sundance and Bessacarr E400 ranges offer more than you would expect for 2013.
Made by Swift Group, the UK’s leading leisure vehicle manufacturer , The Swift Sundance and Bessacarr E400 ranges have set motorhome standards for over 10 years. Their combination of practical design, high specification and affordable price puts them in a class of their own.
Topping the list of specification improvements for 2013 is the Truma Combi-Boiler for central heating and hot water – it’s powerful, more efficient and frees up valuable internal space. Also, a “Tracker Retrieve” Thatcham approved tracking system is now fitted as standard. Many insurers insist on trackers, so it could save customers several hundred pounds for fitting one later.
The two ranges are both built on Fiat Ducato chassis-cabs. They were specially developed for motorhomes and they are powered by the latest 130bhp, 6-speed Euro5 engines with low emissions and improved economy.
Both brands already have modern styling with fully moulded overcabs, and they have aerodynamic low-line models and high-line models with extra beds. But the two brands sport very different graphics schemes, both new for 2013. Longer models are now built on AL-KO chassis for better handling and ideal wheel positioning.
The biggest styling changes are inside. Sundances have a new locker door design with ‘Mali Acacia’ woodgrain, a contrasting cream inlay and chrome fittings and E400s have the same make up but with ‘Italian Ash’ woodgrain and canvas beige inlay. And both brands benefit from the new fabric schemes featuring the latest designs. Tables can be stored away to free up space and while travelling, and some models have table extensions for more dining space.
Kitchens have a stylish-looking 96 or 110 litre Dometic 8-Series fridge, which has an interior light, the flexibility of a removable freezer compartment and automatically selects the best energy. Cooks will also like the new acrylic splash-back for easy cleaning.
The whole lighting system is ultra-low energy but now has over-locker ambient lighting, in addition to LED spots and down-lighters. There are even new low-level night lights that also operate when travelling.
On top of the great standard specification, there’s an optional “Driver’s Pack” full of key upgrades including cab air-conditioning and a twin-view reversing camera. It’s very keenly priced, so all customers will want to specify it. Fiat’s new automatic gearbox is also going to be popular; it’s now available with the standard 130bhp economical engine.
The two brands share the same layouts but the 2013 ranges have more models and all are slightly longer to create more spacious washrooms and a minimum bed length of 1900mm or 6’3”
The five best-selling layouts have been retained and three new ones added, each with four travelling seats, so ideal for families. There are now three 2-seater models, four 4-seaters and the ever popular six-seater six-berth. A lot of emphasis has been put on travelling seats, including shaping them for more travelling comfort. And model names have been changed so the end number reflects the number of travelling seats.
All come with the reassurance of Swift Group’s 10-year body integrity warranty.
“These two ranges continue to offer unchallenged style and value for money in this price sector of the market and by offering the new Euro 5 130bhp engine as standard now combine unchallenged performance and fuel economy as well,” Nick Page, Group Commercial Director said.
“The Swift Sundance and Bessacarr E400 ranges have always been our best sellers, so this is an important re-launch. With higher specification and great work from our design team, these two ranges continue to offer unchallenged style and value for money in this price sector of the market. Add three new 4 berth, 4 seater layouts, and this strong line up and overall package is going to be very attractive to customers ”, commented Nick Page, Swift Group Commercial Director.
Sundance and E400 Model Ranges
|New name||Old name|
|Sundance 532LP/E412||Sundance 530LP/E410||Low line, 130bhp||2 seater, 2 berth – front parallel seating, end kitchen and washroom|
|Sundance 582PR/E462||Sundance 580PR/E460||Low line, 130bhp||2 seater, 2 berth – rear wrap around seating, side kitchen and washroom|
|Sundance 594RS/E434||Sundance 590RS/E435||High line, 130bhp||4 seater, 5 berth – front dinette with two travelling seats, side seat, end kitchen and washroom|
|Sundance 622FB/E452||Sundance 620FB/E450||Low line, 130bhp||2 seater, 4 berth – front parallel seating, centre kitchen, fixed bed, side washroom|
|Sundance 636L/E496||Sundance 630L/E495||High line, 130bhp||6 seater, 6 berth – Front dinette with four travelling seats, centre kitchen and washroom, rear parallel seating|
|New Sundance 624FB/E454||Low line, 130bhp||4 seater, 4 berth – front travelling dinette, centre kitchen, fixed bed, side washroom|
|New Sundance 584PR/E464||High line 130bhp||4 seater, 4 berth – rear wrap around seating with pull out Aguti travelling seats, side kitchen and washroom|
|New Sundance 644SD/E444||Low line, 130bhp||4 seater, 4 berth, front travelling dinette, large rear dinette, centre kitchen, rear full width washroom|
For the new names, the final digit denotes the number of seats with seatbelts
Sundance and E400 Key Features
Key Selling Points
- Free manufacturers 10 year bodyshell warranty
- Fiat Euro5 130bhp engine with 6-speed gearbox
- Fully integrated factory-fit Radio/CD/MP3 player
- Driver and passenger airbags
- Pleated window and one-piece cab side blinds for shade and privacy
- Cab battery isolation switch to prevent discharge in storage
- New “Tracker Retrieve” Thatcham approved tracking system
- Rear Stowage access door (582PR, 636L/ E462, E496)
- New AL-KO long wheel base chassis highline conversion of 644SD and 636L/ E444 and E496
- Free-standing tables with dedicated storage location. Travelling seating have folding tables, rotating extensions on 624FB and 644SD (636L has two tables)
- New Ergonomically shaped rear travelling seats 594RS/ 624FB/ 636L/644SD and E434/E454/E496/E444
- New Dometic 8-Series, 96 litre or 110 litre automatic energy selection fridge, with removable freezer compartment
- New microwave ovens set in a smart new stainless steel surround.
- New Washroom designs with tip up bowl (Not in 624/622/644 and E454/E452/E444)
- New Truma Combi 4 boiler with gas and electric blown air heating and hot water with touch screen control and drive safe regulator for en-route use
- Seat bases with spaceframe construction, full front access and space for larger items
- Grade 3 classification (EN 1646-1) for heating and thermal insulation (for sub-zero ambient temperatures)
- New enhanced ultra-low energy lighting system for greater independence:-
- LED spotlights and downlighters
- Over-locker low-wattage ambient lighting
- Low-level night lights (operable when travelling)
- Four or five 230V sockets to meet modern demands
- Lower level built-in microwave oven with digital controls
- Heavy duty rear chassis members ready for optional towbar
- New Comfort-Matic automatic gearbox with Fiat Euro 5 130bhp, 2.3 litre engine
- Special value Drivers Pack with:
- Upgraded radio/CD player with Bluetooth mobile phone connectivity, USB iPod/MP3 device connection and steering wheel controls
- Twin view colour reversing camera allowing use en-route
- Factory–fitted 'Techno' silver dashboard trim
- Cab air-conditioning
- Cruise control
- Winter Pack with:
- Fresh and waste water tank heater
- Waste pipe insulation
- Fridge vent covers
- Full length roll-out awning
- Impala stain resistant, easy-clean fabric