Using the latest automotive 3D design software, Swift Group designers have given the new Swift Challenger and Conqueror and Sterling Eccles and Elite ranges a stunning redesign with a totally new exterior shape and advanced interior styling that will shape the future look of touring caravans.
All four ranges have a unique profile with a new front panel whose corner buttresses sweep up to link with roof capping rails. These in turn link with the full height rear panel to give a stunning new overall look.
The top of the range Conqueror and Elite also boast a new front sunroof which curves with the roof line and is accented either side in black to integrate visually with the front window set. From inside there is a great view out, an extra sense of space and light and roomy automotive style lockers either side. The new sunroof with the roof locker assembly is an optional extra on the Challenger and Eccles ranges.
To complement the new design are many new exterior fittings and detailing. A large roof brand badge and rain diverter gives a strong brand identity and diverts rain water from the front windows. A recessed awning channel on both sides and extruded skirts that integrate with the front and rear are in fitting with the new sleek design and give the practical benefits of allowing an awning or porch to be used on the both sides of the caravan and more durable construction respectively. A stand-on hitch cover is fitted for easy access to clean the front roof.
Adding to the improved construction is a strong, fully bonded roof panel and 32mm thick walls which provide exceptional strength and thermal insulation, easily achieving the Grade 3 insulation standard. Wheel arches are now wrapped in insulating material and water tanks (where fitted) have been moved inboard to provide all year round comfort in external temperatures down to -15degC . Pre-treated redwood used in the body construction is resistant to moisture and fungal attack.
In a move to ensure that all their touring caravans meet the very highest safety standards the Swift Group has also announced that it has started to fit Hankook branded tyres with a minimum of 150kg extra load margin for improved performance and safety to all its touring caravan products.
Conqueror and Elite ranges have metallic silver side walls and Challenger and Eccles model have classic all white exteriors. All have stylish new graphics with strong Swift or Sterling brand identities.
The Swift and Sterling brands also provide a choice of two distinctly different modern interior designs with new ‘Mali Acacia’ woodgrain that offers richer colouring with a defined woodgrain texture in Swift models and the light ‘Oregon pine’ finish in Sterling models. A new range of soft furnishings adds to the choice.
Inside the contour of the front panel allows for maximum headroom and roof-locker space throughout. Automotive style front roof locker design gives an integrated look and provides increased storage space. A new front chest has a slide out top so you can extend it without disturbing items on the top and a ‘binnacle’ at the back houses an extra TV point, and two 230V sockets for phones, games etc.
New kitchens are accented with cream locker doors and improved design allows a lower position for the microwave oven to make it easier to see your food cooking and improve safety. A new bowl in granite effect GRP looks great and incorporates a mini drainer in addition to the larger removable one.
Walk-in showers in end washroom models have been replaced with new cubicles which has provided room for a spacious double door wardrobe and a wide combined basin and worktop in tough granite effect GRP.
New interior details include a larger more practical door bin, 12V LED lights instead of conventional 230V giving a uniform lighting colour and lower energy consumption for greater independence from mains hook up. The 230V Consumer unit and 12V fuse board have been moved to eye-level for easy access and operation and larger control panel is easier to read and set in a moulded housing with storage cubby holes.
Refinements added last year like steel effect frameless door fridge, riser bar for more convenient showering, heavy duty corner steadies and BBQ point are all carried forward.
Additional features in all Conqueror and Elite models include programmable Alde radiator central heating, inboard water tank with additional pump for filling, wheeled waste tank, AL-KO secure wheel locks and AL-KO side mountable jack.
The Swift Group are the first company to have all their touring caravan ranges European Whole Vehicle Type Approved, so you can be reassured these stunning new models comply with important weight, dimension and safety standards.
Nick Page, Commercial Director for Swift Group commented ‘One look and you will see that the new Swift Challenger and Conqueror and Sterling Eccles and Elite ranges are the biggest advance forward in touring design for over a decade. Combined with proven construction methods and European Whole Vehicle Type Approval customers can be reassured that not only are they getting a stunning caravan, it is also built to last.
Swift Challenger/ Sterling Eccles Model line up:
- Challenger 480/Eccles Topaz
- Challenger 530/Eccles Moonstone
- Challenger 540/Eccles Jewel
- Challenger 570/Eccles Ruby
- Challenger 580/Eccles Quartz
- New Challenger 565/Eccles Solitaire – New layout with front parallel lounge, two fixed single rear beds, and rear washroom
- Improved Challenger 620/Eccles Coral - Improved layout with larger kitchen
- Challenger 625/Eccles Amethyst
Swift Conqueror/ Sterling Elite Model line up:
- Conqueror 480/Elite Diamond
- Conqueror 530/Elite Emerald
- New Conqueror 570/Elite Amber – Improved layout
- Improved Conqueror 630/Elite Searcher – Now open plan with dresser/TV unit near door and tower fridge freezer adjoining kitchen area
- New Conqueror 645/Elite Explorer Front parallel lounge, tower fridge freezer, transverse ‘island’ fixed bed and rear washroom
Challenger/Eccles Key features:
- New: European Whole Vehicle Type Approval ensures compliance with strict weight, dimensions and safety regulations
- 2.31m (7'7") wide bodyshell
- 1.95m (6'5") headroom
- New: Exterior styling with roof capping rails integrating with new full height GRP front and rear panels
- New: Large front door with double gas struts for easy access
- One-piece, 5000 Series marine grade aluminium sidewalls
- EN1645 Grade 3 classification for heating and thermal insulation (Cold chamber tested)
- Dual fuel blown air central heating with insulating underfloor ducting
- New: Extra strong, thermally efficient body shell with 32mm thick fully bonded roof and walls
- New: Wheel arches insulated with high density foam to prevent cold spots in storage areas
- New: Profiled side skirts in tough self coloured uPVC with integrated awning channel
- New: Recessed awning channel on both sides
- New: Hankook branded tyres, higher rated for improved performance and safety
- New: High capacity moulded front roof locker with integrated speakers and LED lights
- Low energy lighting system with fluorescent ambient over-locker lights and LED task lights
- New: Design front chest of drawers with slide out extending top
- New: ‘Binnacle’ on front shelf with two 230V and a combined 12V/aerial socket
- Four further 230V sockets and combined 12V/Aerial socket
- New: Granite effect kitchen sink with combined plug and strainer, integrated occasional drainer and removable extension drainer
- New: Low height built-in microwave oven with digital controls
- New: 30 litre internal fresh water tank with additional external pump for filling or direct feed to taps (Twin axle models only)
- New: Panoramic front roof window with automotive style roof locker system
- New: ‘Impala’ stain-resistant, easy-clean seating fabric with soft nubuck texture
Additional Conqueror/Elite Key features
- New: Panoramic front roof window integrated with automotive style roof locker system with LED downlighters and speakers
- Alde radiator central heating and water heating with daily programming – New in single axle models
- New: Internal fresh water tank with additional external pump for filling or direct feed to taps (Capacity 15 litres in single axles and 30 litres in twin axle models)
- AL-KO side mounted jack
- AL-KO Secure wheel lock(s)
- New: 'Impala' stain-resistant, easy-clean seating fabric with soft nubuck texture