A major success on the tourer front has been the relaunch of the Sprite range in September 2009. This year the brand has become one of the largest selling single ranges on the market.
Winner in the Best Lightweight Caravan and Best Family Caravan under £13,500 categories at the Which Caravan 2010 Awards and the Best Caravan for Small Families category at Practical Caravans 2010 Tourer of the Year Awards, the Sprite range provides a stylish caravan in a price bracket where people looking at second hand can afford to buy new.
Offering a good range of family models, including the awarding winning 5 berth Muskeeter TD, targeted at owners of cars such as the Ford Mondeo, the range also includes a baby model the Sprite Finesse 2 - a 2-berth end kitchen, lightweight model with an MRO of 897kg and MTPLM of 1073kg, giving a good payload of 176kg whilst allowing it to be towed by such cars as the VW Golf and Ford Focus.
The Sprite range is all about style, quality and unbeatable value. The new range has this in abundance with a smart, sporty graphics scheme to the Marine Grade aluminium side walls, which improve impact resistance and a refreshing interior design with modern fabrics and streamlined furniture in ‘Tanganica’ walnut woodgrain with subtle metallic accents. The upholstery design has comfy knee rolls and contrast fabric on backrest tops.
Features normally found on more expensive models include positive catches on locker doors for secure storage on the move, a generous width of 7’4” and 6’5” headroom, granite effect moulded kitchen sink, full length drop flaps to the front beds, seat bases with sprung beech slats, 107 litre digital control fridge and dual fuel (230V and gas) central heating and water heating.
New to Sprite to further enhance the specification is Grade 3 heating and insulation for all year round touring comfort. They are also amongst the 1st touring caravan ranges to be European Whole Vehicle Type Approved, so you can be reassured by proven construction and compliance with strict weight, dimension and safety standards.
Another 1st from Swift Group is an upgraded gas regulator with braided stainless steel hose supplied as original equipment to improve reliability. Also in a move to ensure that all their touring caravans meet the very highest safety standards the Swift Group has announced that it has started to fit Hankook branded tyres with a minimum of 150kg extra load margin for improved performance and safety to all its touring caravan products.
Additional equipment can be added with the popular keenly priced Diamond Pack consisting of alloy wheels, AL-KO Secure wheel-lock receiver (two on Quattro FB), AL-KO AKS 3004 stabiliser, spare wheel and carrier, door flyscreen, radio/CD player with iPod connection and a pair of scatter cushions. Dealer-fit options are a built in microwave oven and AL-KO Secure wheel-locks.
Swift Group Marketing Director Richard White said: “Despite its budget price tag, the new Sprite range incorporates many of the design and build qualities of the more expensive Swift Group ranges including higher rated branded tyres and Grade 3 heating and insulation.
“The range provides the ideal starting point for anybody looking at a Swift Group brand or those wanting to buy new rather than second hand and, with many unique features against similar price products, also provides outstanding value for money.”
New: European Whole Vehicle Type Approval ensuring compliance with strict weight, dimension and safety regulations
- Class leading headroom 1.95m (6'5")
- Spacious body shell 2.23m (7'4") overall width
- One-piece 5000 Series Marine Grade aluminium side walls with higher impact resistance
- New: Hankook branded tyres with higher rating for improved performance and safety
- New: Stainless steel braided gas connection hose supplied a standard for reliability and safety
- New: ‘Traffic’ heavy duty durable floor vinyl
- Positive catches on all overhead lockers
- Fully opening spring-assisted seat and bed tops with sprung beech slats
- Full length access flaps on front seats
- Seat backrest ventilation boards to help stop condensation
- Granite-look moulded kitchen sink
- 107 litre digital control fridge with stainless steel effect door
- Full oven with separate grill compartment and electronic ignition Status 530 directional TV aerial
- TV station with 230V, 12V and coax aerial sockets
- Dual fuel gas and 230V mains water heater
- Dual fuel 3KW gas and 2KW mains ducted air heating
- Alloy wheels
- AL-KO Secure wheel-lock receiver (two on Quattro FB)
- AL-KO AKS 3004 stabiliser
- Spare wheel and carrier
- Door flyscreen
- Radio/CD player with iPod connection
- Pair of scatter cushions