Designed to complement the stunning new Sprite range, the new Sprite Lite is even lighter and more affordable, the first 3 models will be launched alongside the new Sprite range at the Motorhome and Caravan Show at the NEC, Birmingham from October 11 to 16.
The new Sprite Lite range carries the original 1949 Sprite values of practical, lightweight and affordable caravans close to its heart and provides the ideal entry point for anyone looking for their first new caravan.
It is also ideal for those people who enjoy camping but are looking for a more substantial, comfortable and warm place to stay or simply those wanting an exceptional value, lightweight caravan with MTPLM’s starting at only 1039kg and prices from £9910.
The new range has smart graphics on one-piece 5000 series marine grade aluminium side walls, which improve impact resistance, a ¾ height front panel in closed mould GRP with large opening window and laminated rear panel with moulded ABS light housing. Hankook branded tyres with a minimum of 150kg extra load margin give improved performance and safety.
Refreshing interior design has modern fabrics and streamlined furniture in ‘Mali Acacia’ woodgrain.
Features normally found on more expensive models include positive catches on locker doors for secure storage on the move, a generous width of 7’4½ ” and 6’5” headroom, granite effect moulded kitchen sink, seat bases with sprung beech slats and dual fuel water heating.
The Truma UltraStore water heater now has two 230V settings – 850W and 1300W for rapid heat up. Room heating is via a Truma 3kW gas space heater with auto ignition.
Kitchens are practically equipped with a Smev 2 burner hob and grill and 112 litre manual ignition fridge. There is also provision for a microwave oven.
Floors are covered in scratch resistant floor lino throughout and lighting is via halogen ceiling and downlighters.
Washrooms provide the basic necessities with a wash basin and Thetford C200 toilet with independent tank and manual flush.
The three models are the Sprite Lite 2 with wrap round seating and rear walk-in washroom, the Sprite Lite 4 with front parallel seating and fixed rear bed and the Sprite Lite 5 with front parallel seating and rear dinette which makes up into either a single or double bed with bunk over.
For total piece of mind all models come with European Whole Vehicle Type Approval and an industry leading 10 year bodyshell integrity warranty.
Dealer-fit options are:
- AKS 3004 Stabiliser
- AL-KO side lift jack
- Steel spare wheel
- Status Aerial
- Radio/CD/MP3 player with iPod connect
- Carpet set with moulded door well and embroided entrance mat
- Door flyscreen with easy concertina action
- Two scatter cushions
- Alarm system (infra-red with tilt sensor and key-fob operation)
- Chest of drawers in addition to wrap round seating (Sprite Lite 2)
- Built-in microwave oven
The new Sprite Lite range gets its preview at the NEC Show with all three models on display and will start arriving at dealers from February through to March.
Nick Page, Swift Group Commercial Director commented: “Despite its budget price tag, the new Sprite Lite range incorporates many of the design and build qualities of the more expensive Swift Group ranges and provides the ideal starting point for anybody looking to buy a well built, practical, new caravan. It also comes with outstanding cover with the new 10 year bodyshell integrity warranty.”
Sprite Lite Model line up:
|Lite 2||Single axle||MTPLM 1036kg*||2 berth – front wrap round seating, side kitchen and end washroom|
|Lite 4||Single axle||MTPLM 1097kg*||4 berth – front parallel seating, side kitchen, rear fixed bed and washroom|
|Lite 5||Single axle||MTPLM 1137kg*||5 berth – front parallel seating, side kitchen, rear dinette which makes up into either a single or double bed with bunk over and rear side washroom|
- European Whole Vehicle Type Approval ensures compliance with strict weight, dimension and safety regulations
- 1.95m (6’5”) headroom
- Overall body width 2.25m/7’4½”
- One-piece, 5000 Series marine grade aluminium sidewalls
- Strong redwood body and floor framing specially treated to resist moisture and fungal attack
- Hankook branded tyres for improved performance and safety
- Higher tyre rating - a minimum of 150 Kg extra load margin at 130kph (law permitting)
- Pre wired TV station linked to battery box for external input with 230v and 12v sockets
- Bed make-up system with slats retained on track (Lite 2 only)
- Seat bases with space frame construction
- Dining table suitable for full-size place settings
- Positive overhead locker catches for secure loading
- 2 burner gas hob and grill with manual ignition
- Thetford manual ignition,112 litre fridge
- Granite effect kitchen sink
- Dual fuel Truma Ultrastore water heater, now with two 230v settings – 850Watts or 1300Watts for rapid heat-up
- High flow rate in-board pump with chrome finish brass taps for reliable, high performance water supply
- Truma 3kW gas space heater with auto ignition
- High impact, scratch resistant floor lino throughout
- Fully double-glazed opening windows (no single-glazed cold areas)
- Beech slat seat and bed bases with sprung hinged tops for extra comfort and easy access
- Cassette flyscreens and blinds on all windows
- Sprung interior mattresses in fixed bed models
- Thick washroom doors with domestic style locks and handles (model specific)
- Thetford C200 toilet with independent tank and manual flush