Hot on the heels of the trend setting Challenger and Eccles designs, Swift Group has announced two new ground breaking ranges with all new exterior body designs and completely restyled interiors to replace their mid market Charisma and Europa ranges.
Called the Swift Challenger Sport and Sterling Eccles Sport they bring exclusive new modern styling and cutting edge interiors to the mid-price range with MTPLM weights that start at 1143kg, more than 170kg lighter than the more up market Challenger and Eccles models and 35kg to 50kg less than the ranges they replace, without loss of specification. All moves designed to put these exciting new models within the range of most average family cars.
Their engineering differs from the more expensive Challenger and Eccles models, but they have a striking similarity in body shape with a distinctive optional front sunroof and “brand” family styling. Lighter to tow and more affordable the “Sport” suffix captures this appeal while building on the heritage of the Swift Challenger and Sterling Eccles names.
Everything is new from the chassis upwards. The exteriors have clean modern lines with a fuel saving aerodynamic front made in hard wearing closed mould GRP and incorporating a wide front door to the front locker. An optional panoramic front sunroof, completes the stunning new styling.
The rear also features a modern, crisply styled full height moulded panel. There is a semi-recessed body colour awning rail fitted to both sides, the roof is fully bonded for extra strength and flatness.
Other new features built in to these new ranges include AL-KO ATC trailer stability system as standard, low energy LED lights in the main habitation area, over locker lighting in the seating and bedroom areas, a moulded light and speaker panel over the front seats, 4 x 230volt sockets, including two in the neat front shelf pod and restyled kitchen with worktop extensions in some models.
Both the Challenger Sport and Eccles Sport ranges have 8 models including 2 new layouts, the 514 model with a 5.2m open plan fixed bed layout and the 636 which is a 6 berth twin axle with children’s bunks.
Exterior graphics and interior furniture identify the new ranges as members of the Swift and Sterling families: the Challenger Sport has a dynamic full length stripe in burgundy and metallic grey whereas the Eccles Sport has a bold textured look panel at window level. Inside the Swift range has a rich “Mali Acacia” woodgrain which first appeared in Conqueror and Challenger for 2011 but the Sterling range continues with the established light and airy style of “Oregon Pine”.
“These two iconic names represent the ultimate in desirability and by introducing two exiting ranges with design that is influenced by the trendsetting Challengers and Eccles models launched last year, but with its own subtle difference, we have been able to produce products that are significantly lighter while still retaining a unique appearance and package.
Introduced into a price sector several thousand pounds lower than the models sharing this name they bring the prestige of these ranges within a much wider audience and range of family tow cars,” Nick Page Commercial Director commented.
Swift Challenger Sport/ Sterling Eccles Sport Model line up:
|Challenger Sport 382/ Eccles Sport 382||Single axle||2 berth - front parallel seating , end kitchen|
|Challenger Sport 442/ Eccles Sport 442||Single axle||2 berth – front parallel seating, end washroom|
|Challenger Sport 514/ Eccles Sport 514||Single axle||NEW LAYOUT 4 berth – front parallel seating, open plan fixed bed layout|
|Challenger Sport 524/ Eccles Sport 524||Single axle||4 berth – front parallel seating, side dinette, end washroom|
|Challenger Sport 544/ Eccles Sport 544||Single axle||4 berth – front parallel seating, side wrap around dinette, end washroom|
|Challenger Sport 554/ Eccles Sport 554||Twin axle||4 berth – front parallel seating, fixed bed, end washroom|
|Challenger Sport 586/ Eccles Sport 586||Single axle||6 berth – front parallel seating, rear double bunk and rear dinette with additional bunk|
|Challenger Sport 636/ Eccles Sport 636||Twin axle||NEW LAYOUT 6 berth – front parallel seating, side dinette, and rear triple bunk|
Swift Challenger Sport/ Sterling Eccles Sport Key features:
Key selling points of new product:
- All new body shell with:-
- Fuel saving aerodynamic front in closed -mould GRP with wide front door.
- Front shape designed to maximise headroom and seating comfort.
- Crisply styled full height moulded rear panel
- Fully bonded roof for extra strength and flatness
- Semi-recessed body colour awning rail both sides
- AL-KO ATC trailer stability control fitted as standard
- Big weight savings – typically 40kg less compared to similar Charisma model
- Over-locker lighting in seating and bedroom areas
- Low energy LED lights in main habitation area (not washrooms)
- Four 230V sockets including twin in front shelf pod.
- Spacious kitchen worktops (extensions in selected models)
- Panoramic front sunroof
Swift Plus Points
- European Whole Vehicle Type Approval ensures compliance with strict weight, dimension and safety regulations
- EN1645 Grade 3 classification for heating and thermal insulation (Cold chamber tested)
- 1.95m (6'5") headroom
- One-piece, 5000 Series marine grade aluminium sidewalls
- Strong redwood body and floor framing specially treated to resist moisture and fungal attack
- Hankook branded tyres for improved performance and safety
- Higher tyre rating - a minimum of 150 Kg extra load margin at 130kph (law permitting)
- Shock absorbers for a smoother more stable ride
- Step-on hitch cover for easy access to clean front
- Gas regulator fitted with stainless steel braided hose for improved reliability
- High security entrance lock for peace of mind
- Aerial point in battery box for portable satellite dish connection
- TV station with 230v, 12v and aerial sockets (two in 586 model)
- New bed make-up system with slats retained on track
- Seat bases with spaceframe construction, full front access and space for larger items
- Areas under beds and seats warmed by blown air system and underfloor ducting insulated to minimise heat loss
- Front chest of drawers with convenient slide-out extending top
- Large dining table (960mm x 600mm) for full-size place settings
- Positive overhead locker catches for secure loading
- Dual fuel hob with 800W electric hotplate and 3 gas burners with electronic ignition
- Ventilated microwave oven with digital controls built in at low level
- High flow rate in-board pump with chrome finish brass taps for reliable, high performance water supply
- New - dual fuel Truma Ultrastore water heater, now with two 230v settings – 850Watts or 1300Watts for rapid heat-up.
- Separate shower mixers with adjustable head positions
- High impact, scratch resistant floor lino
- Large capacity (15 litre) waste bin on lower door
- Solar panel connection provision