The Autocruise Panel Van range has been transformed for 2017 with a greater level of customisation available for potential buyers. There are four new upgrade pack options and a selection of individual options that can be added to the base vehicle, allowing customers to create the specification that is important to them, be it related to the driving of the motorhome or the living luxury.
Ultimately this allows much greater flexibility in the overall price of the motorhome, making it accessible to a wider market. The base standard model now starts at just over £36,000 OTR.
The models have been renamed to Select 122 (previously Rhythm), Select 144 (previously Accent), Select 164 (previously Alto) and Select 184 (previously Forte).
All entry-level models are based on the Fiat Ducato panel van with the new 2.0 litre Euro 6 115bhp engine with 6 speed gearbox. The standard base vehicle specification offers all the essentials with electric windows, driver and passenger seats with seat swivels, factory fit integrated radio/MP3 player and key fob central locking. In the living area there is practical floor vinyl, comfortable seating and table, 2 burner hob, 50L Waeco electric fridge, sink, fully fitted washroom, and blown air heating with a 4kW gas only Truma combi boiler.
An exciting addition is the new Swift Command system, launched last season in Swift Group's flagship ranges, it brought modern technology with an 'App' interface to the leisure vehicle market. This exciting innovation is now available across Swift Group's entire Caravan and Motorhome ranges.
The Swift Command control system includes an intelligent power supply unit and a smart LCD control panel that allows viewing of enhanced control panel functions. There is also an exciting Swift Command 'App' that can be downloaded to Smartphones and Tablet (iOS and Android) which enables the user to remotely control and/or monitor certain vehicle systems either inside the vehicle using a Bluetooth interface (BLE), or remote from the vehicle (providing that there is a signal or wi-fi available). Added to the system for the new season is the option to subscribe to a pro-active Thatcham Level 6 tracker.
All 2017 models also come with access to Connect Direct, Swift’s online customer service portal. Swift is the only manufacturer to have a dedicated customer service team and the Connect Direct system is additional to existing contact points.
The key benefits of Connect Direct are: access to information 24/7; ability to report faults directly to us; product upgrades and notifications; live chat direct into our experienced retail team; upload service history records and service history reminders.
Inside, standard models come with a ‘Graceland’ soft furnishing scheme which has a soft feel, silvery grey fabric and the cab seats are of a standard Fiat covering.
An upgraded ‘Edison’ soft furnishings scheme comes as part of the new optional ‘Vogue Pack’ and can also be added as an option to the ‘Driver’s Pack’. Here three fabrics give a more luxurious feel. Soft feel silvery grey fabric contrasts black embossed fabric that makes up the main seat and backrest with a pale silver stripe accent. The cab seats are covered to match the scheme.
The four new upgrade pack options are as follows:
- Cab air-conditioning
- Cruise control
- Driver and passenger airbags
- Cab seat covers
- Height adjustable passenger seat
- Body coloured bumper
- Black cab trims (Light Bezels, Grille & Skid Plate)
- Battery shut-off switch
- Graphics upgrade
- Metallic silver paint and body coloured bumper
- Electric & heated wing mirrors
- 16" Alloy wheels (15" with 115bhp)
- LED day time running lights
- DAB radio and bluetooth
- Steering wheel controls
- Silver (Techno) Dash Kit
- Reversing sensors
- Vogue graphics upgrade (on top of Driver's Pack)
- Soft furnishing and cab seat cover upgrade (Edison scheme)
* Separate 3.5 tonne chassis upgrade is required on 122 models when the Vogue pack is selected
- Additional rear window
- ‘Aralie Sen’ woodgrain locker doors, with Smoked Oak woodgrain accents
- Additional furniture trim details to window sills & control panel fascia
- Interior decor panels to sliding & rear doors
- Fresh & waste water tanks with tank fill socket
- New Winter Pack (Tank heaters, pipe insulation)
- Dual fuel heating with Truma Combi 4 1.8kW electric/4kW gas/3.8kW combined
- Truma ‘Crash Sensor Mono’ regulator for en-route use of heating and water heating
- TV Aerial and dedicated TV bracket
- 40W Solar panel and regulator
- Electric side-entrance step
- Midi-Heki skylight at the rear replaces Mini-Heki
- Loose fit carpets
- Pleated cab blinds (front and side blinds)
- LED Swan neck cab reading Lights
- Flyscreen to sliding entrance door
- Additional free-standing table (except 164)
- Table extension and sink flap with hinge (model specific)
- Waste bin, magazine nets & coat hooks
- Mini-Grill in sink unit
- Branded rear speakers in roof
Configurations possible are:
|Habitation Options||Standard||Drivers Pack||Vogue Pack (includes Drivers Pack)|
|Luxury Pack (includes Living Pack)||✓||✓|
In addition, there will be separate options of an engine upgrade to the Fiat Euro 6 130bhp, 2.3 litre engine with or without the Comfort-Matic automatic gearbox, a forward facing travelling seat option for the Select 144, 164 & 184, a pull-out awning, Leather and 'Swiftshield' soft furnishing scheme option and a Gross Vehicle Weight (GWV) upgrade on the Select 122 and 144 from 3.3 tonne to 3.5 tonne.
With the Truma 4 boiler they also meet the Grade 3 standard for heating and thermal insulation.
“Panel Vans are truly versatile vehicles and appeal to a wide audience. For 2017, the changes we have made allow us to set the pricing at a level that makes the range more affordable and accessible. The options have been packaged to allow customers to add what’s important to them, be it related to the driving of the motorhome or the level of living luxury.” commented Nick Page, Swift Group Commercial Director.
Autocruise Standard Model Range
|Model||Previously called||Engine||Berth||Travelling Seats inc. Driver||layout|
|Select 122||Rhythm||115bhp LWB||2||2||Long rear parallel lounge|
|Select 144||Accent||115bhp LWB||2 opt 4*||2 opt 3*||Front dinette with travelling seat option*, rear lounge|
|Select 164||Alto||115bhp LWB||2 opt 4*||2 opt 3*||Front dinette with travelling seat option*, fixed rear bed|
|Select 184||Forte||115bhp LWB||2 opt 4*||2 opt 4*||Front dinette with travelling seat option* / double bed, rear lounge|
* Front dinette can be fitted with a forward facing travelling option which increases the travelling seats and berths as shown.