Responding to market trends, the Mondial line-up for the new season has been changed to offer four layouts that have been proven to be best sellers. Continuing from last year are the Mondial RL, and FB which are joined by two new models, the Mondial EL and Mondial EK. Smart new fabrics create a more automotive interior style.
The Mondial RL continues with the successful layout of spacious parallel rear seating and still benefits from the enhancements introduced last year which included an extra 3” for driver seat adjustment, more comfy lounge backrests and the addition of a kitchen roof locker for better storage along with drop down storage for a flatscreen TV. Battery size was also increased to 110Ah, a coffee table added and use of main table made easier with a single leg.
The Mondial FB is an innovative new layout which neatly packages the most popular type of coachbuilt motorhome layout into the Peugeot Boxer long wheelbase van . A front dinette with two travelling seats, allows up to four people to travel. The dinette can be linked with the swivelling cab seats and also converted into an occasional single bed that could sleep 2 small children. The main bed is a comfortable fixed one in the offside rear; spacious storage underneath being accessed from inside the van or through the rear doors.
The Mondial EL offers a popular motorhome layout in a compact style. The front has the same dinette arrangement as the Mondial FB and there is also a comfy parallel rear lounge with a central table. . The rear lounge coverts into a double bed and there is a handy storage area underneath by way of a 200mm (8ins)elevated floor. There is a good sized washroom with showering facilities and a well-equipped kitchen.
The Mondial EK is smaller model based on the medium wheelbase Peugeot Boxer but offers 3 passenger seats and a double bed. The cab seats and rear passenger seats are the same height, creating a comfortable dinette area. The rear of the van consists of a corner washroom and a large, fully equipped L-shaped kitchen.
For those wishing to upgrade their vehicle the optional Driver’s Pack consists of cab air-conditioning, cruise control, reversing sensors and an alarm system. Optional ComfortMatic auto transmission is available coupled with the 160 MultiJet Power engine and Driver’s pack.
Nick Page, Commercial Director of the Swift Group commented, “The van conversion market is developing rapidly and these new models, coupled with the high specification, competitive pricing and Swift Group pedigree, ensure that the Mondial range stays in the lead.
- Model line up:
- Mondial RL
- Mondial FB
- Mondial EL
- Mondial EK
- 120bhp engine with 6-speed gearbox (optional on Mondial EK)
- Blue/grey metallic paintwork
- Height adjustable and swivelling driver and passenger seats with two armrests
- Pleated windscreen blind and insulated side screens
- Electric windows and electric & heated door mirrors
- Remote central locking
- Driver’s and passenger’s airbag
- Energy saving, high output soft white LED lighting
- Truma Combi 4 gas & electric blown air heating & hot water
- 80 litre 230V/12V/gas fridge/freezer (Mondial EL)
- Waeco 72 litre 230V/12V compressor fridge/freezer (Mondial RL, FB & EK)
- TV cupboard and extending mounting bracket for 15” Flat-screen TV
- Status 315 omni-directional TV aerial
- Heki Panoramic roof light
- Electric side entrance step
- Rear speakers
- Double glazed windows with cassette blinds & flyscreens
- Push-button positive catches on overhead locker doors
- Roll-out awning
- 157bhp, 3.0 litre Fiat engine with automatic gearbox and Comfort pack
- Cab air conditioning
- Cruise control
- Alarm system
- Reversing sensors