The trend setting Swift Challenger and Sterling Eccles ranges from the market leading Swift Group gets a new layout and improvements in both specification and design for 2012.
The Panoramic sunroof now comes as standard as does the AL-KO ATC stability control system, which, combined with the shock absorbers and Hankook branded tyres, make them some of the safest models to tow. The AL-KO AKS 3004 stabiliser is also updated with a new operating handle.
Inside, the Eccles models get a new Italian Ash woodgrain finish with new ‘Esterel’ laminate on the kitchen and table areas. The Challengers get a new soft furnishing scheme in ‘Ferrara’ chenille.
Bed make up is improved with a smooth new system where the bed slats are neatly retained in tracks, and the kitchen areas get upgraded lighting with LED down lighters set in a plinth over the kitchen locker. For added safety a carbon monoxide detector now comes as standard in addition to the smoke alarm.
Following customer feedback a new dual fuel Truma Ultrastore water heater now comes with two 230v settings – 850Watts or 1300Watts for rapid heat-up and the skylight in the washroom is clear to improve natural lighting levels. Front chest and cushion make up in the lounges has also been modified to increase lounging space by 70mm.
For twin axle models with the internal fresh water tank, the external pump filling can now be turned on and off via the control panel inside the caravan.
The new layout is a 5.8m end washroom and lateral island double bed in the Challenger 580 and Eccles Quartz due to be launched September, the ideal choice for couples wanting the luxury of an end washroom combined with access to both sides of the double bed.
“These two ranges changed the look and feel of touring caravans when they were launched. With an important new model and an even higher specification we are confident that these award winning products will continue to provide a unique offering in the market place,” Nick Page, Commercial Director commented.
Swift Challenger / Sterling Eccles Model line up:
|Challenger 480/Eccles Topaz||Single axle||2 berth – front parallel seating, end washroom|
|Challenger 530/Eccles Moonstone||Single axle||4 berth – front parallel seating, side dinette, end washroom|
|Challenger 570/Eccles Ruby||Single axle||4 berth – front parallel seating, fixed bed , end washroom|
|Challenger 580/Eccles Quartz||Single axle||NEW 4 berth – front parallel seating, end washroom and lateral island double bed|
|Challenger 565/Eccles Solitaire||Single axle||4 berth – front parallel seating, rear fixed single beds and rear washroom, now with larger wardrobe.|
|Challenger 625/Eccles Amethyst||Twin axle||6 berth – front parallel seating, side dinette, fixed rear bed and adjacent washroom|
Swift Challenger / Sterling Eccles Key features:
- Distinctive modern body shell with:-
- Panoramic front roof window with automotive style roof locker system as standard
- Full height front with wide door made in strong closed-mould GRP
- Rain water deflector over front windows incorporating brand badge
- Imposing rear panel with latest generation rear light clusters
- Roof capping rails integrating with front and rear panels
- Semi-recessed body coloured awning channel on both sides
- Extra strong, thermally efficient 32mm thick fully bonded walls and roof
- Wheel arches insulated with high density foam to prevent cold spots in storage areas
- Profiled side skirts in tough self coloured uPVC with integrated awning channel
- 2.31m (7'7") overall width
- AL-KO ATC trailer stability control fitted as standard
- Low energy lighting system throughout with fluorescent ambient over-locker lights and LED task lights
- New – LED downlighters set in plinth over kitchen locker
- Six 230V sockets including two in compact new front shelf pod
- Larger entrance door - 45mm (2") wider and 80mm (3") taller than standard size
- Easy action smart pleated cassette blinds on all windows and main rooflights
- Locker mounted eye level power supply unit & power management for easy access
- New “Italian Ash” woodgrain and “Esterel” laminate in Eccles
- New “Ferrara” chenille fabric scheme in Challenger
- 'Impala' stain-resistant, easy-clean seating fabric with soft nubuck texture
Swift Plus Points
- European Whole Vehicle Type Approval ensures compliance with strict weight, dimension and safety regulations
- EN1645 Grade 3 classification for heating and thermal insulation (Cold chamber tested)
- 1.95m (6'5") headroom
- One-piece, 5000 Series marine grade aluminium sidewalls
- Strong redwood body and floor framing specially treated to resist moisture and fungal attack
- Hankook branded tyres for improved performance and safety
- Higher tyre rating - a minimum of 150 Kg extra load margin at 130kph (law permitting)
- Shock absorbers for a smoother more stable ride
- Step-on hitch cover for easy access to clean front
- Gas regulator fitted with stainless steel braided hose for improved reliability
- Low level front marker lights to minimise dazzle in towcar mirrors
- High security entrance lock for peace of mind
- Aerial point in battery box for portable satellite dish connection
- Two TV stations with 230v, 12v and aerial sockets in most models (see floorplans for detail)
- New: bed make-up system with slats retained on track
- Seat bases with spaceframe construction, full front access and space for larger items
- Areas under beds and seats warmed by blown air system and underfloor ducting insulated to minimise heat loss
- Front chest of drawers with convenient slide-out extending top
- Large dining table (1000mm x 600mm) for full-size place settings
- Positive overhead locker catches for secure loading
- Dual fuel hob with 800W electric hotplate and 3 gas burners with electronic ignition
- Ventilated microwave oven with digital controls built in at low level
- New - dual fuel Truma Ultrastore water heater, now with two 230v settings – 850Watts or 1300Watts for rapid heat-up.
- High flow rate in-board pump with chrome finish brass taps for reliable, high performance water supply
- Separate shower mixers with adjustable head positions
- High impact, scratch resistant floor lino
- Large capacity door waste bin
- Solar panel connection provision