Joining their little and big brothers, LED lighting sets the stage for the latest changes to the Swift Voyager and Bessacarr E600 Series, which also see design changes and detailed improvements.
Both updated ranges will be launched at the International Caravan & Motorhome Show 2009 at the NEC, Birmingham from 13-18 October.
Most of the lighting system is high output, soft white LED lighting which gives a 70% reduction in total lighting power consumption. This prolongs battery life and makes it realistic to power the system from a solar panel, which is now catered for with the addition of new roof preparation and wiring for solar panel installation, giving greater independence away from a mains power source.
New grey exterior fittings blend with the sporty metallic side walls of the Voyager range and the E600’s classic white sides get new graphics to tie in with the rest of the Bessacarr motorhome family. Certain models in both ranges have larger exterior lockers for better storage and all have a new LED awning light.
Inside the Voyager range continues with its popular “Calios” upholstery scheme, whilst the E600 series takes on the same “Cub” scheme as the E500 range. Both ranges have refreshed kitchens with new stainless steel appliances including a stainless steel effect frameless door fridge. The Voyager also comes with a microwave oven now fitted as standard.
Practical changes include a new easy to use control panel and the addition of an armrest support bulkhead by the door way for more comfortable seating in the fixed rear bed models. These models also have the addition of bed side shelves.
Washrooms now have fully lined showering areas in all models and are fitted with the latest Thetford C250 toilet.
Interior luxury is retained with heavy pile carpets (45oz) which stay looking good longer, pleated blinds throughout the cab and accommodation, ‘Ultra Comfort’ domestic standard fixed bed mattress, seat tops with gas struts for easy access and the dual fuel Truma ‘Combi’ central heating system which ensures effective heating both en-route and on site.
All three larger models are built on the Fiat Maxi Chassis which provides seating for 4 and a generous payload for all the holiday essentials. A 130 MultiJet diesel engine provides the driving power with the option to upgrade to a 160 MultiJet Power engine with Comfort-Matic automatic gearbox and cab air conditioning.
The optional pack has been changed on all the motorhome ranges to consist of cruise control, cab air-conditioning and a colour reversing camera which is now mounted on the rear view mirror.
The winter pack consisting of fresh and waste water tank heaters and a winter fridge vent covers has been upgraded to include waste pipe insulation allowing all year round use in all the motorhome ranges.
The little and big brothers of the Voyager and E600 Series, the Bolero and E500 Series and the Kon-Tiki and E700 series, also feature refreshed kitchens with new stainless steel appliances including a stainless steel effect frameless door fridge, with all ranges now having a microwave oven fitted as standard.
Practical changes also carried over include a new easy to use control panel, and the addition of bed side shelves in side fixed bed models.
Nick Page, Commercial Director for Swift Group commented ‘The Voyager and E600 ranges offer a great combination of sophistication and value which has made them highly successful. The latest enhancements will make them even more appealing.’
Voyager/E600 key features
- Low-line models with ‘Skyview’ panoramic opening roof window and spacious, automotive style overcab lockers (630EK & 680FB/E630 & E660)
- High-line models with fully moulded luton construction and large, lift-up bed with gas strut assistance
- Class-leading performance and economy from Fiat’s 130 MultiJet diesel engine
- Optional 160 MultiJet diesel engine with Comfort-Matic automatic gearbox
- Special wide rear track and rear anti-roll bar
- Heavy duty chassis extensions ready for optional homologated towbar
- Driver and passenger airbag
- Full-length recessed awning
- Remote central locking of cab doors and entrance door
- Mainly LED lighting, saving 70% of full lighting power
- Roof and wiring prepared for solar panel installation
- Radio/CD/MP3 player with iPod/MP3 connection
- Driver and passenger seat fully adjustable and swiveling
- Pleated windscreen and cab side window blinds
- Pleated blinds with flyscreens in accommodation area
- Built-in microwave oven with touch controls
- 104 litre Smart Energy Selection fridge/freezer (630EK & 695EL/E630 & E695)
- 175 litre Smart Energy Selection fridge/freezer (680FB, 685FB/E660 & E665)
- Dual fuel Truma combi-boiler with en-route operation
- ‘Ultra Comfort’ domestic standard fixed bed mattress (680FB & 685FB/E660 & E665)
- Carpet with 45oz pile density
- Spare wheel and tyre on underslung carrier
- Seat tops with gas struts for easy access
Optional Vogue Pack consisting of:
- Cruise Control
- Cab air conditioning
- Colour reversing camera and screen integrated with rear view mirror
Optional Winter Pack consisting of fresh and waste water tank heaters, waste pipe insulation and winter fridge vent covers Voyager/E600 range