The Swift Kon-Tiki, a name synonymous with the ultimate in design, specification and performance in the motorhome market since the product was launched 27 years ago, takes over the solus position at the top of the Swift Group Motorhome range for the 2013 season.
For several years the Kon-Tiki has shared top spot with the Bessacarr E700, but with the top end of the market coming under most pressure in the current economic climate Swift has taken the opportunity to combine the best features of both models in the new 2013 Kon Tiki.
With an impressive list of upgrades including Alde central heating, the new Kon-Tiki is the most luxurious motorhome ever built by the market leading Swift Group.
Kon-Tiki already has a comprehensive specification which includes standard items like a silver coloured cab, Al-Ko “TAG-Axle”double floor chassis, cab air-conditioning, a comprehensive lighting and power system and a full length awning.
All models have Fiat Ducato cabs with factory fitted Burr-Walnut effect dashboard trim, leather steering wheel and gear knob and a fully integrated “infotainment” system with radio/CD/MP3 player, steering wheel controls, Bluetooth mobile phone connectivity and USB iPod/MP3 device connection.
Power is provided by the latest Euro5 150bhp Variable Geometry Turbo engine. This gives an 18% improvement in fuel economy and CO2 emissions and up to a 12% improvement in acceleration compared to the Euro 4 157bhp engine. For even more power and performance the new optional 3.0 litre engine with Variable Geometry Turbo delivers a huge 180bhp. Both engines are available with Fiat’s Comfort-Matic automatic gearbox.
Travelling comfort is assured with ergonomically shaped rear travelling seats and in the 649 all four dinette seats now have seat belts to make this a 6 seater. The 659 front lounge arrangement has also been modified to give this model two rear travelling seats.
For 2013 the biggest upgrade is the highly desirable Alde heating and hot water system. Powered by gas and up to 3KW mains electric, the Alde system uses radiators to provide even, draught free warmth, and a luxury touch is the inclusion of a radiator in the washroom. Daily programmes can be set using a new, user friendly touch-screen control panel that is unique to the Swift Group.
The Alde system, combined with Kon-Tiki’s excellent insulation, is comfortable in winter conditions and can even operate safely while travelling thanks to a link with the vehicle’s cooling system via a heat exchanger. Models have been tested in outside temperatures down to -15°C to ensure they achieve Grade 3 classification for heating and thermal insulation.
Another major specification addition is a “Tracker Retrieve” Thatcham approved tracking system. Many insurers insist on trackers, so it could save customers several hundred pounds for fitting one later.
Entry to the accommodation is through the latest high specification door by Seitz, which has secure two-point locking, an integral flyscreen and bin and a stepwell light. The 2013 interior features Italian Ash woodgrain, which combines with contrasting cream and chrome details to create a truly stunning, contemporary design.
Kitchens are enhanced by a Dometic 8-Series 190 litre refrigerator (110lt in some models with removable freezer compartments) with automatic energy selection and new back-lit acrylic splash-back. The microwave oven is set in a smart new stainless steel surround.
“The new Kon-Tiki offers everything that the most concerning owner aspires to and by looking at the most popular features of both of our top of the range models and combining them we can offer both Swift and Bessacarr buyers the best of both worlds. Add new technology and greater security and we are confident that the new Kon-Tiki will retain its sector leading appeal,” Swift Group Commercial Director Nick Page commented
Kon-Tiki Model Range
|Kon-Tiki 649||TAG axle High line only||Now Six seater, 6 berth – front dinette with seat opposite, centre kitchen and washroom, rear parallel seating|
|Kon-Tiki 669||TAG axle High line and Low line Option||Four seater, 4 berth (+ 2 for High line) – front lounge with travelling seats, centre kitchen and washroom, rear island fixed bed|
|Kon-Tiki 679||TAG axle High line and Low line Option||Four seater, 4 berth (+ 2 for High line) – front lounge with travelling seats, centre kitchen and washroom, rear transverse raised fixed bed with ‘garage’ below|
|Kon-Tiki 659||TAG axle Low line only||Modified Four seater, 4 berth – front lounge with travelling seats, side kitchen, fixed bed, end washroom|
Swift Kon-Tiki Key features:
Key Selling Points
- Metallic silver cab
- Free manufacturers 10 year bodyshell warranty
- Fiat Euro 5 150bhp Variable Geometry Turbo engine – 18% improvement in fuel economy and CO2 emissions; up 12 % faster acceleration than Euro 4 157bhp engine
- Fully integrated factory-fit “infotainment” system with:-
- Radio/CD/MP3 player
- Switch-off timing adjustable up to 3 hours
- Steering wheel controls
- Bluetooth mobile phone connectivity
- USB iPod/MP3 device connection
- Twin view colour reversing camera allowing use en-route
- Super low line AL-KO chassis giving superior ride and handling and double floor housing services
- Panoramic opening sunroof with spacious automotive style over cab lockers in low-line models
- Grade 3 classification (EN 1646-1) for heating and thermal insulation (for sub-zero ambient temperatures)
- New Alde dual fuel (up to 3kw mains electric) central heating and water heating system with daily programming, heated towel rai and en-route heating from the Alde heat exchanger
- New Tracker Retrieve Thatcham approved tracking system
- New Seitz high specification entrance door with secure two-point locking, integral flyscreen, bin and step-well light.
- Ergonomically shaped rear travelling seats
- Ultra low energy lighting system and double leisure batteries for greater independence
- Over locker ambient lighting, new adjustable cab reading lights, low level night light
- New back-lit acrylic kitchen splash-back
- New 190 litre Dometic 8-Series automatic energy selection fridge/freezer (110lt fridge on 649 and 659 (659 has 40lt freezer box)
- Full length recessed awning
- Pull out drawer for water hose and electric cable reels
- Gas strut support for exterior access doors for ease of operation
- Roof and cable preparation for aerial or satellite installation (Dish/aerial not included)
- Upgrade to 180bhp, manual 3.0 litre VGT engine
- Comfort-Matic automatic gearbox and upgrade to 180bhp, 3.0 litre VGT engine
- Comfort-Matic automatic gearbox with 150bhp, 2.3 litre engine
- ‘Impala’ stain-resistant, easy-clean seating fabric with soft nubuck texture