Taking the Mondial camper van range in to its 2nd successful year since its come back are the Mondial RL and GT, with new exterior and interior styling in addition to a range of practical improvements, and a completely new model the Mondial FB with a fixed rear bed.
The new range will be launched at the International Caravan & Motorhome Show 2009 at the NEC, Birmingham from 13-18 October.
All models benefit from a range of general changes designed to improve the look and living experience. Exteriors are now a metallic blue/grey with subtle automotive style graphics. Inside the warm beige tones of the ‘Calios’ fabric have been teamed with a rich colour woodgrain with mahogany inserts, new style locker doors with better access and energy saving LED lighting.
The Mondial RL layout has been slightly modified to allow an extra 3” for driver seat adjustment. Lounge backrests now have enhanced seating comfort and a kitchen roof locker added for better storage along with drop down storage for a flatscreen TV. Battery size has been increased to 110Ah, a coffee table added and use of main table made easier with a single leg.
The Mondial GT has a new elevated floor at the front so the rotated cab seats are more comfortable and like the RL a coffee table has been added and the main table made more flexible with a single offset leg. For entertainment radio/CD speaker have been added to the living area along with a flatscreen TV bracket in the dedicated cupboard.
The completely new Mondial FB offers four travelling seats and beds for three. It is an open layout featuring a rear longitudinal fixed bed with a toilet/shower in the rear offside corner next to the bed with an adjacent vanity unit. The front has dinette seating on the offside in front of a fridge/wardrobe unit and a kitchen area opposite. The bed will fold up to allow access/storage through the rear door.
Giving more car like safety standards a passenger air bag is now fitted as standard to all models. Other practical design details include improved over cab storage, a fitted waste bin, improved crockery storage, two mains sockets in kitchens and an insulated water tank. The Mondial GT and RL also benefit from seat top gas struts for easy access.
For those wishing to upgrade their vehicle the optional Driver’s Pack has been improved and now consists of cab air-conditioning, cruise control, reversing sensors and an alarm system. The optional 160 MultiJet Power engine comes with ComfortMatic auto transmission and Driver’s pack.
Nick Page, Commercial Director of the Swift Group commented, “Listening to customer feedback has allowed us to improve this successful range even further and the all-new FB model promises to be a best-seller”
Mondial key features
- 120bhp engine with 6-speed gearbox
- Blue/grey metallic paintwork (Peugeot Iron Grey)
- Height adjustable and swivelling driver and passenger seats
- Pleated windscreen blind with insulated side screens
- Electric windows and electric & heated door mirrors
- Remote central locking
- Driver’s airbag and NEW passenger’s airbag
- NEW Energy saving, high output soft white LED lighting
- Truma E2400 gas blown air heating (GT)
- Truma Ultrastore gas/electric water heater (GT)
- Truma Combi 4 gas & electric blown air heating & hot water (FB & RL)
- 80 litre 230V/12V/gas fridge/freezer (GT)
- Waeco 72 litre 230V/12V compressor fridge/freezer (FB & RL)
- 110Ah battery in models with Waeco fridge
- TV cupboard and NEW extending mounting bracket for 15" Flat-Screen TV
- Status 315 omni-directional TV aerial
- Heki Panoramic roof light
- Electric side entrance step
- Rear speakers
- Double glazed windows with cassette blinds & flyscreen
- Push-button positive catches on overhead locker doors
- Roll-out awning
- Cab air conditioning
- Cruise control
- NEW Alarm system
- NEW Reversing sensors
- 157bhp, 3.0 litre Fiat engine with automatic gearbox and Driver’s pack