Following the successful come back of the Mondial at the NEC show in February, the range is being expanded to offer a layout with additional travelling seats in the new Mondial GT Plus and the Mondial RL sees practical improvements.
The Mondial GT Plus, like the rest of the Mondial family is based on the Fiat Ducato LWB van, and has all the attributes of the Mondial GT with an altered seating layout that provides four travelling seats. The offside rear lounge settee has been changed in to a forward facing travelling seat to provide three belted passenger seats. Both rear travelling seats convert into single beds and with the use of the additional backrest cushions provided, the offside one can be used as a long settee instead of a travelling seat if preferred.
The Mondial RL has an improved kitchen with the gas storage area now taking 2 x 7kg bottles which are accessed from outside through the side door. The washroom has also been improved with the toilet waste cassette now accessible through an external door.
The Mondial GT and Mondial RL both have flexible seating which converts into two singles or one double bed along with good size washroom and kitchen facilities.
All models come with a 120bhp (six speed) engine as standard and the option of a 160 bhp engine with automatic gearbox. Vehicles also offer ABS brakes, central locking, electronic immobilizer and Radio/CD player with iPod connection as well as the impressive driving performance and comfort of the new generation Fiat Ducato. The exterior is white with strong Mondial ‘Globe’ graphics and colour keyed front bumpers.
At 6.19m long and 2.25m wide, interiors are light, airy and spacious with light oak effect furniture accented with a rich gloss trim. There is also a choice of two soft furnishing schemes.
For those wishing to upgrade their vehicle the optional Driver’s Pack combines cab air- conditioning and cruise control. The optional 160 MultiJet Power engine comes with ComfortMatic auto transmission, cab air-conditioning and cruise control.
Nick Page, Commercial Director of the Swift Group commented, “Listening to customer feedback has allowed us to improve this newly launched, successful range even further”.
Mondial GT/RL/GT Plus
- White paintwork with colour coded front bumper
- Height adjustable and swivelling driver and passenger seats
- Pleated windscreen blind with insulated side screens
- Radio/CD player with iPod connection
- Electric windows and electric & heated door mirrors
- Remote central locking
- Variable power steering & adjustable steering wheel position
- ABS & EBD brakes
- Electronic immobilizer
- Driver’s airbag
- Truma E2400 gas blown air heating (GT)
- Truma Ultrastore gas/electric water heater (GT)
- Truma Combi 4 gas & electric blown air heating & hot water (RL)
- 80 litre 230v/12v/gas fridge/ freezer (GT)
- Waeco 72 litre 230v/12v compressor fridge/freezer (RL)
- 2 x 7kg gas locker
- TV Cupboard with Flat-Screen Mounting Bracket (GT)
- Status 315 omni-directional aerial
- 3 burner hob with combination oven/grill
- Heki Panoramic roof light
- Electric side entrance step
- Rear speakers (RL)
- Double glazed windows with cassette blinds & flyscreens
- Push-button positive catches on all furniture doors
- Roll-out awning
- Drivers Pack: cab air conditioning and cruise control
- 160bhp, 3.0 litre Fiat engine with Automatic gearbox and Drivers pack
Model line up
- Mondial GT – 3 seater, 2 berth with front facing travelling seat with a lap and diagonal seat belt, this combines with a long settee opposite to make a double bed or can be left as two singles; the kitchen and washroom are fitted at the rear
- Mondial GT Plus - a new version of the Mondial GT with 4 travelling seats. The two rear seats convert to single beds and the offside one can be left in place as a settee if preferred
- Mondial RL – 2 seater, 2 berth with a rear parallel lounge that converts into two singles or a large double bed. The nearside kitchen extends to create extra work space and the washroom is fitted on the offside. Gas storage now takes 2 x 7kg bottles and is accessed through the side door and toilet waste cassette now accessed through an external door
|MONDIAL||Chassis / Engine||Basic Price||VAT||Ex.Works||On the Road|
|GT||3.5 tonne / 120 bhp||£29,740.43||£5,204.57||£34,945.00||£36,195.00|
|GT Plus||3.5 tonne / 120 bhp||£29,740.43||£5,204.57||£34,945.00||£36,195.00|
|RL||3.5 tonne / 120 bhp||£29,740.43||£5,204.57||£34,945.00||£36,195.00|
On the road (OTR) price includes a recommended cost of £1,250.00 to cover delivery to dealer in Great Britain, number plates (inc. VAT), 12 months road fund licence and first registration fee. Recommended retail price effective from 1st September 2008. This price list supersedes all previous price lists. The Swift Group Ltd (Swift) reserves the right to alter specifications and prices at any time as materials and conditions demand. Distibutors and dealers sell Swift products on their own account and not as agents of Swift. Accordingly, they have no authority to bind Swift to make any representation or undertaking whatsoever on behalf of Swift.