Substantial improvements in both performance and fuel economy, linked to a new exterior look and significant interior improvements are designed to maintain the Swift Kon-Tiki and Bessacarr E700 Series position as the models of choice in the luxury TAG axle motorhome market.
The Fiat Euro 5 package brings a host of improvements to both performance and specification. Both ranges will be fitted with the 150bhp Variable Geometry Turbo engine as standard. This gives an 18% improvement in fuel economy and CO2 emissions and up to a 12% improvement in acceleration compared to the Euro 4 157bhp engine.
For even more power and performance the new optional 3.0 litre engine with Variable Geometry Turbo delivers a huge 180bhp and comes with the Comfort-Matic auto gearbox.
The new cab interior gets the full “car standard” treatment. Factory fitted Burr-Walnut effect dashboard trim, leather steering wheel and gear knob and a fully integrated “infotainment” system with radio/CD/MP3 player with switch off timing adjustable up to 3 hours, steering wheel controls, Bluetooth mobile phone connectivity, USB iPod/MP3 device connection and a dashboard mount and radio connection for the customers Tom Tom Satnav.
A twin view colour reversing camera, allowing en route use, is also fitted. A new cab battery isolation switch prevents discharge while the motorhome is not being used or is stored.
Outside the Kon-Tikis get a striking new silver cab with a dynamic graphic scheme tying it into the body sides. E700s have a classic all white exterior with strong window line graphics running along the sides.
Significant practical improvements include gas strut supports for exterior access doors for ease of operation, a pull-out underfloor drawer for a water hose and electric cable reels and roof and cable preparation for aerial or satellite installation.
Inside these models have an ultra low energy lighting system and double leisure batteries for greater independence. Lighting is further improved with over locker ambient lighting, new adjustable cab reading lights and a low-level night light which can also be used en-route.
New woodgrains - ‘Mali Acacia’ for Kon-Tiki and ‘Italian Ash’ for E700, combined with new fabric schemes ensure a stylish interior look.
Passenger comfort is improved with ergonomically shaped rear travelling seats and for easy cleaning combined with exclusive looks Impala stain resistant fabric is available as an option.
Models with centre washrooms (Kon-Tiki 669, 679, 649/E769, E789, E799) benefit from a new washroom design with increased shower space.
“The new Fiat engine and cab upgrade, linked to significant detailed improvements to both the exterior appearance and interior spec, look and feel, make these new models the ultimate in twin axle motorhome luxury,” Nick Page, Commercial Director commented.
Swift Bolero / Bessacarr E500 Model line up:
|Kon-Tiki 649/E799||TAG axle High line and Low line Option||Four seater, 4 berth (+ 2 for High line) – front dinette with seat opposite, centre kitchen and washroom, rear parallel seating|
|Kon-Tiki 669/E769||TAG axle High line and Low line Option||Four seater, 4 berth (+ 2 for High line) – front lounge with travelling seats, centre kitchen and washroom, rear island fixed bed|
|Kon-Tiki 679/E789||TAG axle High line and Low line Option||Four seater, 4 berth (+ 2 for High line) – front lounge with travelling seats, centre kitchen and washroom, rear transverse raised fixed bed with ‘garage’ below|
|Kon-Tiki 659/E749||TAG axle Low line only||Two seater, 4 berth – front parallel seating, side kitchen, fixed bed, end washroom|
Swift Kon-Tiki/E700 Key features:
Key Selling Points
- Metallic silver cab (Swift only)
- Fiat Euro5 150bhp Variable Geometry Turbo engine – 18% improvement in fuel economy and CO2 emissions; up 12 % faster acceleration than Euro4 157bhp engine
- Fully integrated factory-fit “infotainment” system with:-
- Radio/CD/MP3 player
- Switch-off timing setable up to 3 hours
- Steering wheel controls
- Bluetooth mobile phone connectivity
- USB i-Pod/MP3 device connection
- Dashboard mount and audio connection for customers’ Tom Tom Satnav
- Twin view colour reversing camera allowing use en-route
- Fiat/AL-KO double floor chassis housing water tanks, plumbing, heating ducts and underfloor storage tray(s)
- Grade 3 classification (EN 1646-1) for heating and thermal insulation (for sub-zero ambient temperatures)
- Ergonomically shaped rear travelling seats (except KT659/E749)
- New washroom design with increased shower space in KT 669,679,649 (E769, E789, E799)
- Ultra low energy lighting system and double leisure batteries for greater independence
- Over locker ambient lighting, new adjustable cab reading lights, low level night light
- Full length recessed awning
- Comfort-Matic automatic gearbox and upgrade to 3.0 litre 180bhp VGT engine
- 'Impala' stain-resistant, easy-clean seating fabric with soft nubuck texture
Swift Group Plus-Points
- European Whole Vehicle Type Approval ensures compliance with strict weight, dimensions and safety regulations
- Cab battery isolation switch to prevent discharge in storage
- Driver and passenger airbags
- Concertina windscreen blind and side window blinds
- Cab carpet (removable)
- Heavy duty rear chassis members ready for optional towbar
- Spare wheel and tyre
- One-piece, 5000 Series marine grade aluminium side-walls finished in white
- Key fob operated remote central locking of cab doors and entrance door
- 44mm ‘sandwich’ floor with Xyligen treated WBP plywood and Styrofoam insulation core
- Strong redwood body and floor framing impregnated to resist moisture and fungal attack
- Full GRP rear panel with high-level brake light and camera housing
- Fixing points for rear-mounted cycle rack
- 12 volt exterior power point for pump filling of water tank (pump not supplied)
- Roof and wiring prepared for solar panel installation
- Easy-access eye-level consumer unit
- Dual fuel hob with 800W electric hotplate and 3 gas burners
- Digital control Smart Energy Selection fridge
- Granite-look GRP kitchen sink
- High impact, scratch resistant floor lino
- Concertina action door flyscreen
- Removable carpets in living area
- Push-button locks on overhead locker doors