Following a major re launch in 2012 the market leading Swift Group has made further detailed enhancements to the Swift Bolero and Bessacarr E 500 models to keep these ranges ahead of the competition for 2013.
New features like a standard “Tracker” system, now demanded by many insurers, and the very latest 8-Series Dometic fridge are just two of the improvements. Having taken over the mantle in this sector from imports when they were initially launched six years ago, these models continue to set the pace today.
All models are based on Fiat Ducatos with AL-KO chassis conversions. These are normally associated with much more expensive motorhomes and give the advantage of lower weight and therefore extra payload, a more rigid construction and improved ride and handling. Variable geometry also allows designers to optimise wheelbase and rear overhang.
Engines are all 2.3litres with 6-speed gearboxes and power level is 130bhp or 150bhp, depending on body length. All models are available with the Fiat Comfort-Matic automatic gearbox with 150bhp engine, or the recently introduced 130bhp automatic option for the shorter length models.
Bolero and E500 are the lowest-priced ranges to fit the Alde heating and hot water system. Powered by gas and up to 3KW mains electric, the Alde system uses radiators to provide even, draught free warmth. Daily programmes can be set using a new, user friendly touch-screen control panel that is unique to the Swift Group.
The Alde system, combined with good insulation is comfortable in winter conditions and can even operate safely while travelling thanks to the “Drivesafe” gas regulator. Models have been tested in outside temperatures down to -15°C to ensure they achieve Grade 3 classification for heating and thermal insulation. A Winter Pack option which includes fresh and waste water tank heaters, waste pipe insulation and fridge vent covers is available in all models.
A major specification addition for 2013 is a “Tracker Retrieve” Thatcham approved tracking system. Many insurers insist on trackers, so it could save customers several hundred pounds for fitting one later.
Also new is a 8-Series Dometic 190 litre automatic energy selection fridge/freezer with and a new LED awning light with key fob control. The E500 retains its contemporary Italian Ash furniture. Bolero also keeps its woodgrain – Mali Acacia – but now enhanced with a new door style using contrasting inset panels and bright chrome details. The built in microwave oven gets a new stainless steel surround.
The ever-popular Vogue and Elegance special value packs, containing key upgrades like cab air-conditioning and a twin-view reversing camera, are retained for 2013.
All models also come with the reassurance of Swift Group’s 10-year body integrity warranty.
“Despite the current economic climate sales of these models were boosted by the relaunch and have shown a considerable increase. The ideal combination of interior appeal and comfort with items like the Alde heating, normally only available in much more expensive motorhomes, and outstanding road performance thanks to the AL-KO chassis and powerful diesel engines underlines the pedigree of these ranges. With better availability of Comfort-Matic gearboxes they should be even more popular in 2013”, Nick Page Commercial Director of the Swift Group commented.
Bolero and E500 Model Ranges
|Bolero 630PR/E520||3.5t 130bhp||2 seater, 2 berth with parallel rear lounge|
|Bolero 630EW/E540||3.5t 130bhp||2 seater, 2 berth with front parallel lounge and rear washroom|
|Bolero 682FB/E562||3.5t 130bhp||2 seater, 4 berth with fixed rear double bed|
|Bolero 684FB/E564||3.7t 130bhp||4 seater, 4 berth with fixed double bed|
|Bolero 712SB/E572||4.0t 150bhp||2 seater, 4 berth with fixed twin beds and end washroom|
|Bolero 722FB/E582||4.0t 150bhp||2 seater, 4 berth with fixed double bed and end washroom|
|Bolero 724FB/E584||4.0t 150bhp||4 seater , 4 berth with fixed double bed and end washroom|
Bolero and E500 Key Features
Key Selling Points
- Metallic silver cab (Swift only)
- Free manufacturers 10 year bodyshell warranty
- European Whole Vehicle Type Approval ensures compliance with strict weight, dimensions and safety regulations
- Fiat Euro5 130bhp engine – 9% improvement in fuel economy and 7% lower CO2 emissions than Euro4 130bhp engine (630EW/E540, 630PR/E520, 682FB/E562, 684FB/E564)
- Fiat Euro5 150bhp Variable Geometry Turbo engine – similar fuel consumption to 130 but stronger performance.( 712SB/E572, 722FB/E582 and 724FB/E584)
- Cab battery isolation switch to prevent discharge in storage
- Fully integrated factory-fit Radio/CD/MP3 player with switch-off timing adjustable up to 3 hours
- Factory–fitted Burr wood effect dashboard trim
- Twin view colour reversing camera all owing en-route use (part of Vogue/Elegance pack)
- Fiat/AL-KO lowline chassis with wide track giving superior ride and handling
- Alde dual fuel (now up to 3KW mains electric) radiator central heating and water heating with daily programming. Heated towel rail also fitted in 630EW/E540, 712SB/E572, 722SB/E582, 724SB/E584)
- Grade 3 classification (EN 1646-1) for heating and thermal insulation (for sub-zero ambient temperatures)
- Ergonomically shaped rear travelling seats (684FB/E564 and 724FB/E584)
- Ultra low energy lighting system for greater independence
- Over locker ambient lighting, adjustable cab reading lights, night lights
- Double glazed cab sunroof with adjustable pleated blind
- Easy access eye level consumer unit
- Pleated window and one-piece cab side blinds for shade and privacy
- Seat tops with gas struts for easy access to storage
- New 8-Series Dometic 190 litre Automatic Energy Selection fridge
- Granite effect GRP sink with removable drainer co-ordinated with the worktops
- Lower level built-in microwave oven with digital controls
- Full length recessed awning
- New Tracker Retrieve Thatcham approved tracking system
- Comfort-Matic automatic gearbox with Fiat Euro 5 150bhp, 2.3 litre engine
- New Comfort-Matic automatic gearbox with Fiat Euro 5 130bhp, 2.3 litre engine (630EW/E540, 630PR/E520, 682FB/E562, 684FB/E564 only)
- 'Impala' stain-resistant, easy-clean seating fabric with soft nubuck texture
- Special value Vogue/Elegance Pack with:
- Upgraded radio/cd player with Bluetooth mobile phone connectivity and USB iPod/MP3 device connection and steering wheel controls
- Twin view colour reversing camera allowing use en-route
- Cab air-conditioning
- Cruise control
- Winter Pack with:
- Fresh and waste water tank heaters
- Waste pipe insulation
- Fridge vent covers