The new Escape range is better equipped and more refined to offer even greater value for money. Impressive inside and out, with new practical features and models starting at around £32,000, it is perfect for the growing market of people who want to buy a new well-equipped motorhome but do not want to spend the larger amounts needed for other models.
Built by the Swift Group and sold through the Swift and Bessacarr dealer networks, the Escape comes with the backing of a major British manufacturer making it a solid choice with a comprehensive after sales service.
The full New Escape range will be launched at the National Boat Caravan and Outdoor Show 22-27 February at the NEC Birmingham.
The new range offers 5 models, including a new 696, providing a great choice of layouts:
- 622 – 4 berth rear lounge high line with 1 designated passenger seat
- 624 – 5 berth end kitchen high line with 3 designated passenger seats
- 664 – 4 berth fixed bed low line with 3 designated passenger seats
- 686 – 6 berth end lounge high line with 5 designated passenger seats
- 696 – NEW 6 berth with bunkroom at the rear which doubles as a storage area with external access, 5 designated passenger seats
New freestyle graphics cleverly connect the Imperial Blue cab with the gloss white body which features one piece-thick gauge aluminium walls finished with moulded skirts and lower rear panel with stylish light clusters. New wheel trims finish the overall striking appearance.
Based on the Fiat Ducato, the Escape comes with a 100 MJ engine as standard which provides class-leading power and performance for this low weight range. Even the new 696 is within the 3.5 tonne maximum weight limit for Class B driving licenses.
Cab features include driver’s airbag, ABS brakes, electrically operated and tinted cab windows , remote central locking of cab doors with immobiliser with rolling code, radio/CD/MP3 player with i-Pod input and thermal cab window covers to offer a level of specification you would expect in a coachbuilt motorhome.
New strong redwood body and floor framing specially treated to resist moisture and fungal attack provides better durability and the gas regulator now comes with a stainless steel braided hose for improved reliability.
A new LED exterior light is above the entrance door which leads in to the well appointed interior with new ‘Mali Acacia’ wood grain offering richer colouring with a defined wood grain texture, cream leather look trim and new soft furnishings.
Removable carpets are fitted over new heavy duty durable floor vinyl. The cab seats are upholstered to match the seating and in the 664 model the cab seats swivel so they can be used as an extension to the living area.
Good storage is provided with secure positive catches to the stylish overhead locker doors and seat tops with beech slats are sprung assisted for easy access to storage areas below (except travelling seats). The fixed bed mattress in the 664 model is sprung for comfort and all models have double glazed opening windows with night-latch ventilation and a large rooflight in the lounge area with flyscreen and adjustable blind.
Kitchens are well appointed with all appliances having electronic ignition. There is a combined thermostatic oven and grill, 3 burner gas hob with glass lid and 80 Litre fridge with 230V, gas and 12V operations. The new granite effect moulded kitchen sink comes with a removable drainer and food grade nylon chopping board and there is dedicated storage for both items when not in use. The chrome finished brass pillar tap and pressurised fresh water system provide a reliable high performance water supply.
Washrooms feature the latest Thetford C250 toilet with electric flush and 18 litre wheeled holding tank and thick entrance door with domestic style mortice lock and handle. Again chrome finished brass mixer and shower taps add to the quality feel.
Three 230V sockets cater for modern demands and a Trumastore gas and electric water heater and 3kW gas space heater provide plenty of hot water and room heating. A new easy access mains consumer unit and larger easier to read 12V control panel have been fitted.
Key options include a 130 MJ diesel engine for 686 and 696 models and a special value upgraded ‘Comfort pack’ worth £700 for only £499 consisting of: New electric entrance stop with automatic drive-away retraction, Easy action concertina door flyscreen, Ultraheat dual fuel blown air heating system ducted to living, sleeping and washroom areas, pleated blind system for cab window and a pair of scatter cushions.
Nick Page, Commercial Director for Swift Group commented “We picked up the need for a modern Motorhome with a good standard specification within the £30K to £35K price bracket some time ago and the Escape range has proved to be very popular. The new Escape range is even better looking inside and out and is even more functional and durable. To help people who want to renew their motorhome, they provide outstanding value and comfort for a very affordable price in a sector of the market that will grow in the current economic climate.’
- Class-leading performance and economy from Fiat’s 100 MultiJet diesel engine with 5-speed gearbox
- New - Heavy duty chassis extensions ready for optional homologated towbar
- Electrically operated and tinted cab windows
- Remote central locking of cab doors and immobiliser with rolling code
- Radio/CD/MP3 player with iPod connection
- Thermal cab window covers
- One-piece, 5000 Series marine grade aluminium metallic silver sidewalls
- Lap and diagonal seat belts on all designated passenger seats Secure positive catches on all furniture doors
- Seat tops with beech slats, spring-assisted for easy access (except travelling seats)
- New heavy duty, durable floor vinyl
- Removable carpets
- Heki rooflight in lounge area with flyscreen and adjustable pleated blind
- Combination thermostatic oven and grill with electronic ignition
- Three 230V sockets
- 300 Watt charger/transformer for 12V supply
- 70 amp-hour leisure battery in exterior access locker
- 65 litre internal fresh water tank with level sensor
- 68 litre waste water tank with level sensor
- 130 MultiJet diesel engine with 6-speed gearbox (686 and 696 only)
- Special Value Comfort Pack (Price £499, normal retail value over £700) consisting of:-
- New: Electric entrance step with automatic drive-away retraction
- Easy action concertina door flyscreen
- Ultraheat dual fuel blown air heating system ducted to living, sleeping and washroom areas
- Pleated windscreen blind
- Pair of scatter cushions