Extending their ability as a specialist van conversion manufacturer, Autocruise have substantially increased their distinctive range of luxury van conversions to build on the success of the current range and will be offering 7 models for the new season.
The new range will be launched at the International Caravan & Motorhome Show 2009 at the NEC, Birmingham from 13-18 October.
Five models are based on the long wheel base Peugeot Boxer/Fiat Ducato. The Pace, Tempo and Rhythm layouts continue with improvements and new to the range are the Accent and Alto.
Based on the Medium wheel base Peugeot Boxer/Fiat Ducato is the new Jazz and completing the line-up is the Pulse based on the Peugeot Expert/Fiat Scudo.
Common to all models based on a Peugeot Boxer/Fiat Ducato are new graphics to the metallic silver body and new modern interior design with a choice of two fabrics, re-shaped overhead lockers with better storage space and energy saving LED lighting.
Giving more car like safety standards a passenger air bag is now fitted as standard. Other practical design details include a fitted waste bin, improved crockery storage, two mains sockets in kitchens and insulated water tank.
The Tempo and Rhythm also benefit from seat top gas struts for easy storage access.
The Pace continues with the same successful formula and remains the first layout of its kind from a major UK manufacturer with a half dinette which links with the swivelling cab seats and a large, transverse rear double bed that can be fixed or folded up to reveal spacious and flexible storage. Bed side shelves have been added to the rear bed and the mattress has a more durable finish. The access to storage under the front dinette has also been improved.
The Tempo has a new elevated floor for the rotated cab seats to improve seating comfort and a coffee table and improved main table with a single pedestal leg with flexible positioning has been added. For entertainment radio/CD speakers have been added to the living area along with a flatscreen TV bracket in the dedicated cupboard
The Rhythm layout has been slightly modified to allow an extra 3” for full driver seat adjustment. Lounge backrests are more comfortable and a kitchen roof locker has been added for better storage along with drop down storage for a flatscreen TV. Battery size has been increased to 110Ah and like the Tempo a coffee table and improved main table with a single pedestal leg with flexible positioning has also been added.
The new Accent is a variant of the Pace. The rear bed area becomes seating with a central table and an extra window is provided on the offside; the floor is elevated about 200mm (8ins) to provide storage underneath; the seating converts into a bed the same size as the Pace.
The all new Alto adopts the most popular of coachbuilt motorhome layouts with a rear longitudinal fixed bed. The front seating for four and kitchen are the same as Pace but the similarity ends there. The van is more open because the toilet is in the rear offside corner next to the bed. The bed will fold up to allow access/storage through the rear door.
The Jazz is a smaller model based on the medium wheelbase van but offering 3 passenger seats and a double bed. The cab seats and rear passenger seats are the same height, creating a comfortable dinette area. The rear of the van consists of a corner washroom similar to Tempo and a large, fully equipped L-shaped kitchen.
For those wishing to upgrade their Peugeot Boxer/Fiat Ducato vehicle the optional Comfort Pack has been improved and now consists of cab air- conditioning, cruise control, reversing sensors and an alarm system. The optional 160 MultiJet Power engine comes with ComfortMatic auto transmission, cab air-conditioning and cruise control.
The Pulse completes the line-up. Following a successful first year the Pulse remains unchanged except for the windows in the elevating roof which are larger and in clear plastic to let more light in.
Nick Page, Commercial Director of Autocruise owners Swift Group commented, ‘Autocruise have extended their ability as a specialist van conversion manufacturer by taking all their motorhome knowledge and applying it to a extended van conversion range. The result is a stunning seven model range that offers real motorhome standards and layouts in a compact high quality package.’
Van conversion key feature (except Pulse)
- 120bhp engine with 6-speed gearbox
- Silver metallic paintwork with colour coded front bumper
- Height adjustable and swivelling driver and passenger seats
- Pleated windscreen blind with insulated side screens
- Electric windows and electric & heated door mirrors
- Remote central locking
- Driver’s airbag and NEW passenger’s airbag
- NEW Energy saving, high output soft white LED lighting
- Truma E2400 gas blown air heating (Jazz & Tempo)
- Truma Ultrastore gas/electric water heater (Jazz & Tempo)
- Truma Combi 4 gas & electric blown air heating & hot water (Alto, Accent, Pace & Rhythm)
- 80 litre 230V/12V/gas fridge/freezer (Accent, Pace &Tempo)
- Waeco 72 litre 230V/12V compressor fridge/freezer (Alto, Jazz & Rhythm)
- 110Ah battery in models with Waeco fridge
- TV cupboard and NEW extending mounting bracket for 15" Flat-Screen TV
- Status 315 omni-directional TV aerial
- Heki Panoramic roof light
- Electric side entrance step
- Rear speakers
- Double glazed windows with cassette blinds & flyscreens
- Push-button positive catches on overhead locker doors
Key Options: Roll-out awning
- Cab air conditioning
- Cruise control
- NEW Alarm system
- NEW Reversing sensors
157bhp, 3.0 litre Fiat engine with automatic gearbox and Comfort pack
Pulse Key features
- Based on aerodynamic, MPV style Fiat Scudo/Peugeot Expert van fitted with rising roof
- 2.0m height for fuel efficiency and garaging/parking
- Combined with flexibility of elevating roof for internal headroom
- 120 bhp engine with 6-speed gearbox; 2.0 litres, ?300Nm max torque
- Metallic silver paintwork
- Double-glazed flush fitting windows in accommodation area
- Travelling in safety and comfort for 4 people
- Driver and front passenger airbags
- ABS and EBD (Electronic Brake force Distribution)
- Remote central locking
- Headlamp adjustment
- Radio/CD player with steering wheel controls
- Open living area created by swivelling front seats
- Rear seat adjustable on tracks for flexible living and loading areas
- Loading space accessed through rear doors
- Rear seat converts easily into double bed
- Optional bed for 2 children in elevating roof (max load 150kg)
- Automotive interior styling
- Blinds on all windows, flyscreens on openers
- Diesel fuelled space heating
- On-board fresh water and waste water tanks
- 230V and 12V power points
- 12V lighting
- 110Ah auxiliary battery
- 230V battery charger
- Sink with glass lid
- 2 burner gas hob with glass lid
- Gas grill
- 72 litre 230V/12V compressor fridge with freezer compartment
Optional Prestige Pack:
- Body coloured bumpers and mirrors
- Wing mirrors electrically folding
- Cab air-conditioning
- Cruise control
- Alarm and deadlocks
- Rear parking sensors
- Fog lights
Van conversion range
Price quoted is 2010 model range ex works, effective from 20.7.09. For on the road (OTR) price add a recommended cost of £1,250 to cover delivery to dealer in Great Britain, number plates (inc. VAT),12 months’ road fund licence and first registration fee. Autocruise reserves the right to alter specifications and prices at any time as materials and conditions demand.