Autocruise is the first major manufacturer to offer a motorhome based on the medium sized Fiat Scudo/Peugeot Expert van. The new compact Pulse, which joins the recently added Pace and Rhythm and Tempo models, builds on this stylish base to offer an aerodynamic MPV style van that is small enough to easily park in town, yet large enough with its elevating roof and variable rear seat position to provide a deceptively spacious motorhome.
Powered by a 2 litre, 120bhp engine with six speed gearbox the Pulse drives more like a car than a van. With its metallic silver paintwork and car standards of equipment such as driver and passenger airbag, remote central locking, ABS and EDB, headlamp adjustment and radio/CD player with steering wheel controls, the Pulse could easily be a household’s second car.
At 2.0 metres high the Pulse is streamlined and fuel efficient and can fit in most garages.
The Pulse can seat four and sleeps two with the rear seats converting easily into a double bed. There is also the option of an extra bed for two children in the roof. The elevating roof provides good headroom and an open living area is created by swivelling front seats. The rear seats are adjustable on tracks for flexible living and loading areas which can be accessed through the side and rear doors.
Motorhome living comfort is provided by double glazed flush fitting windows in the accommodation area with blinds combined with flyscreens on opening windows, a diesel fuelled space heater, lighting and power points, sink with glass lid, 2 burner gas hob with glass lid, gas grill, 72 litre fridge/freezer and an optional water heater.
An optional Driving pack gives further MPV like style with body coloured bumpers and mirrors, heated, electrically adjustable and folding wing mirrors, cab air-conditioning, cruise control, alarm and deadlocks, rear parking sensors, fog lights and full wheel trims.
The Pulse is desirable for both young families and empty-nesters and, with prices expected to start at around £30K, it will widen the accessibility of motorhomes like this.
Nick Page, Commercial Director of Autocruise owners Swift Group commented, "The MPV like styling and car sized handling of the new Pulse make this a vehicle that can truly be used as both a car and motorhome and at up to £10K less than VW based competitors, the Pulse will be a real option as a family's second car".
- Based on aerodynamic, MPV style Fiat Scudo/Peugeot Expert van fitted with rising roof
- 2.0m height and for fuel efficiency and garaging/parking
- Combined with flexibility of elevating roof for internal headroom
- 120 bhp engine with 6-speed gearbox; 2.0 litres, 300Nm max torque
- Metallic silver paintwork
- Double-glazed flush fitting windows in accommodation area
- Travelling in safety and comfort for 4 people
- Driver and passenger airbags
- ABS and EDB
- Remote central locking
- Headlamp adjustment
- Radio/Cd player with steering wheel controls
- Open living area created by swivelling front seats
- Rear seat adjustable on tracks for flexible living and loading areas
- Loading space accessed through rear doors
- Rear seat converts easily into double bed
- Optional bed for 2 children in elevating roof
- Automotive interior styling
- Blinds on all windows, flyscreens on openers
- Diesel fuelled space heating
- On-board fresh water and waste water tanks
- 230v and 12v power points
- 12v lighting
- 110Ah auxiliary battery
- 230v battery charger
- Optional 230v, 5 litre water heater
- Sink with glass lid
- 2 burner gas hob with glass lid
- Gas grill
- 72 litre 230v/12v compressor fridge with freezer compartment
Optional Driving Pack
- Body coloured bumpers and mirrors
- Wing mirrors heated, electrically adjustable and electrically folding
- Cab air-conditioning
- Cruise control
- Alarm and deadlocks
- Rear parking sensors
- Fog lights
- Full wheeltrims