With the Escape range firmly established as the new entry point to the Swift Group Coachbuilt motorhome range, the new Swift Sundance and Bessacarr E400 ranges have been moved up market with a sleek new exterior and interior design and an upgraded specification.
These two ranges have dominated this sector of the market for some time. They now have the visual appeal of more expensive motorhomes and a more luxurious interior specification with only a small increase in price.
The new ranges are designed to meet the expectations of the many existing owners who are ready to change and offer the complete package. Retail prices only increase by about £1000 depending on the model, so the new on the road price range will be £35K-£44K.
The new ranges will be launched at the NEC National Boat, Caravan and Outdoor Show 23-28 February 2010.
- Both brands will have a new 6 model line-up with stunning new low line models:
- 530LP/E410 – low line model with improved end kitchen layout and single bed capability to the front parallel lounge
- 580PR/E460 – low line model with U-shaped rear lounge
- 590RS/E435 – high line model with improved end kitchen layout and front side dinette with two travelling seats
- 620FB/E450 – new low line model with fixed rear bed and parallel front seats
- 630G/E490 – new low line model with double bed over garage and parallel front seats
- 630L/E495 – highline model with front side dinette with four travelling seats and full length rear lounge
New exterior styling gives the Sundance/E400 ranges a very stylish up market look. Low line models have a new GRP overcab pod with recessed marker lights and aerodynamic sculpting. High line models continue with the restyled full GRP overcab moulding introduced last season.
Giving a fully integrated look to the roof section are new GRP cant rails that join the front GRP overcab of both roof profiles to a new full GRP back panel incorporating the light clusters. Well co-ordinated cab surrounds, skirts and wheel arches and GRP corner cappings complete the sophisticated styling.
The exterior not only looks stronger, it has stronger body panels and jointing system adding to the proven quality construction methods. A new underfloor storage bin (except 590RS/E435) near the external services door provides much more useful storage space. The battery box is also now capable of taking two leisure batteries (one 95Ah supplied) for greater independence.
Heavy duty chassis extensions are ready for an optional homologated towbar and a spare wheel and tyre is fitted on an underslung wind down carrier.
Both ranges have all white exteriors with Sundance models featuring sporty swoosh graphics in burgundy and silver and E400 models having classic green graphics in the Bessacarr family style.
The four smaller models come with a 100 MJ engine as standard which provides class-leading power and performance and the two larger models come with a 130 MJ engine as standard. The 130 MJ engine is optional on the smaller models except the 530LP/E410.
Improving the high line over cab are two luton windows for extra light and ventilation and there is a comfortable gas strut assisted lift up luton bed with beech slat base and 4” thick mattress provided. The new low line profile allows for a large overcab locker set in a moulded leather look fascia which is spacious enough for bedding.
The leather look trim from the front over cab fascia is tied into the under locker moulding giving a fully integrated look. The ranges provide different colour ways to choose from with Sundance models having Tanganica medium walnut furniture with matt nickel inserts. E400 models have Ferrara light oak furniture. Push button locks on overhead locker doors provide secure storage whilst on the move and a new slide out storage and adjustable bracket that takes a 15” flatscreen TV provides safe TV storage.
Already available in the higher ranges, soft white LED lighting comes to the Sundance and E400 models offering typically 70% energy saving compared to conventional lighting. The exterior light is also LED.
Both ranges have accented kitchens with cream locker doors and new laminate work surfaces with a co-ordinating granite look GRP sink with separate removable drainer. Kitchens are well appointed with all appliances having electronic ignition. There is a combined thermostatic full oven, separate grill, dual fuel hob with 800W electric hotplate and 3 gas burner with glass lid and large stainless steel look digital control SES fridge and a built in microwave oven as standard. The chrome finished brass pillar tap and pressurised fresh water system provide a reliable high performance water supply.
New washroom design provides a stylish new vanity unit, handy wall storage and a bi-fold door to separate the lined shower area. There is the latest Thetford cassette toilet with electric flush and wheeled holding tank and thick entrance door with domestic style mortice lock and handle. Again chrome finished brass mixer and shower taps add to the quality feel.
High spec fittings include a passenger airbag in addition to the driver’s one, concertina windscreen blind and side window blinds, new door way with step well for easy access and easy action concertina door flyscreen, remote central locking of exterior door, sprung interior mattress and backrest cushions and en-route and on-site heating.
Key options include a roll out awning, colour and night vision reversing camera with screen mounted on rear view mirror, cab air-conditioning combined with cruise control, roof rack and ladder, detachable towbar and electrics and a new Winter pack consisting of water tank heaters, insulated pipes and fridge vent covers.
Nick Page, Commercial Director for Swift Group commented ‘These new models take the Sundance and E400 ranges to a new level of style and specification. To help people who want to renew their motorhome in the current economic climate, they provide outstanding value and comfort for a very affordable price in a sector of the market that will grow in a recession.’
- Fiat 100 MultiJet diesel engine in 530LP/E410, 580PR/E460, 590RS/E435 and 620FB/E450
- Fiat 130 MultiJet diesel engine in 630G/E490 and 630L/E495 (Optional in 580PR/E460, 590RS/E435 and 620FB/E450)
- Driver and NEW passenger airbag
- NEW – one piece rear GRP moulded rear panel
- Exterior door with window and NEW stepwell for easy access.
- Easy action concertina door flyscreen
- Concertina windscreen blind and side window blinds
- Remote central locking of exterior door
- NEW – Large overcab locker set in moulded facia (Low-Line models)
- Large lift-up luton bed, gas strut assisted, with beech slat base and 4" thick mattress (High-Line models)
- NEW – two luton windows in High-Line models for extra light and ventilation
- NEW - Slide-out storage and adjustable bracket for 15” flatscreen TV
- NEW – LED lighting system: most lights are high output, soft white LEDs that save typically 70% energy compared to conventional lighting.
- Push-button locks on overhead locker doors
- Sprung interior mattresses, seat and backrest cushions
- En-route and on-site heating from dual fuel 3kW gas and 2kW electric space heater
- Dual fuel gas and 800W mains electric storage water heater
- Digital control, Smart Energy Selection fridge. 97 litre in 530LP/E410 and 590 RS/E435; 112 litre in 580PR/E460, 620FB/E450, 630G/E490 and 630L/E495
- Full oven, separate grill and dual fuel hob with 800W electric hotplate and 3 gas burners with electronic ignition and flame failure protection
- NEW - microwave oven built into kitchen locker
- Heavy duty rear extensions ready for optional homologated towbar
- Spare wheel and tyre on underslung carrier
- Roll-out awning
- Colour and night vision reversing camera with screen mounted on rear view mirror
- Cab air conditioning combined with cruise control
- NEW - Winter Pack:- water tank heaters, insulated pipes and fridge vent covers.
- Roof rack and ladder
- Detachable towbar (conforming to 94/20/EC) including electrics
The Swift Group Ltd (Swift) reserves the right to alter specifications and prices at any time as materials and conditions demand. Distributors and dealers sell Swift products on their own account and not as agents of Swift. Accordingly, they have no authority to bind Swift to make any representation or undertaking whatsoever on behalf of Swift.