Leading the changes to the Autocruise Coachbuilt range for the new season is a completely new three model Star Range, which will bring the distinctive appeal of Autocruise motorhomes to a wider market. Prices will start at around £37K and offer the most modern Autocruise range yet, with sleek exterior design and the high specification expected from Autocruise.
The new Star range will be launched at the NEC National Boat, Caravan and Outdoor Show 12-17 October 2010.
The layouts, all UK best sellers, are ideal for couples:
- Starfire – a 5.9m (19’4”) end kitchen
- Starspirit – a 6.5m (21’3”) end lounge
- Starstream – a 7.1m (23’4”) fixed bed with front lounge
From the outside, the silver Peugeot cab, low-line GRP overcab pod with aerodynamic sculpting and distinctive graphics ensure the first impression of the Star range is of an upmarket product.
Roof capping rails join the front GRP overcab to a full GRP back panel incorporating the light clusters for a smooth look. A door way with step well provides easy access.
All models are powered by the smooth and economical 100Hdi diesel engine with an option of a 130Hdi with 6 speed gearbox for the Starstream. Driver and passenger airbags come as standard.
Proven quality construction methods use 5000 Series marine grade aluminium side walls and closed-mould GRP styled components . All models comply with EN 1646 Grade 3 which is the highest standard for insulation and heating and means the interior of the motorhome can be kept at +20 oC when the external temperature is -15oC. The optional of the Winter pack provides tank heaters to ensure the water systems stay fully functionally at exceptionally low temperature too.
Heavy duty chassis extensions are ready to take an optional homologated tow bar and European Whole Vehicle Type Approval ensures compliance with strict weight, dimension and safety regulations.
An underfloor storage bin near the external services door of the Starspirit and Starstream provides useful extra storage space and the battery box is capable of taking two leisure batteries (one 95Ah supplied) for greater independence. A 12V exterior power point allows pump filling of the water tank (pump not supplied). Other practical benefits include an eye-level mains 230v consumer unit and a large, easy to read 12v control panel.
The upmarket theme is re-enforced by the Autocruise character of the interior with gloss walnut trim on locker doors which have push button locks for secure loading, stylish fabrics, scatter cushions and energy saving LED lights.
The low line profile allows for a large overcab locker which is spacious enough for bedding. A clever slide out storage unit with adjustable bracket that takes a 15” flatscreen TV provides safe TV storage. Neat pleated flyscreen/blinds in the living are easy to operate and quieter on the road. The cab has concertina windscreen blinds and thermal pads for the side window and the door flyscreen also has an easy concertina action.
The high quality kitchen has a spacious automatic energy selection fridge, full oven with separate grill compartment, a built in microwave oven and a granite look moulded GRP sink with removable drainer.
The practical washroom design provides a stylish new vanity unit, handy wall storage and twin bi-fold doors to separate the lined shower area.
The standard specification can be upgraded with the great value Lux pack which consists of: cab air-conditioning, cruise control, reversing camera and roll-out awning.
The model line-up of the higher specification Star Plus range continues unchanged with Startrail, Starburst and Stardream. These benefit from an ultra-low profile body based on an AL-KO low line chassis designed to improve stability, road holding and cornering performance. Specification has been enhanced with the addition of a 12V exterior power point to allow pump filling of the water tank and a larger, easy to read 12V control panel; the mains 230v consumer unit is re-positioned to eye level for easy access.
The Driving Range line up all continues unchanged consisting of two larger motorhomes providing even more space, innovations and technology as standard. The Augusta and Oakmont are also built on an AL-KO chassis which provide generous payloads. New fabrics refresh the interior and its continuing high specification firmly positions it in the luxury market sector.
All Autocruise models now benefit from a new heavy duty durable floor vinyl and coachbuilt models have pre-treated body framing and underfloor for extra protection against moisture or fungal attack.
Nick Page, Commercial Director of Autocruise owners Swift Group commented, ‘The new Autocruise Star range makes the brand more accessible by providing a desirable yet affordable product with all the distinctive Autocruise attributes. This is an import addition to the range at a time when people’s hard earned money is being carefully spent. ’
New Star range key features:
- Peugeot Boxer cab finished in metallic Silver
- Smooth and economical100 Hdi diesel engine
- Optional 130 Hdi diesel engine with 6-speed gearbox for Starstream
- Driver and passenger airbag
- One piece closed-moulded GRP rear panel
- Concertina windscreen blind and thermal pads for cab side windows
- Remote central locking of exterior door
- Large overcab locker set in moulded facia
- Slide-out storage and adjustable bracket for 15" flatscreen TV
- Low energy lighting system with soft white high output LED lights that save typically 70% energy compared to conventional lighting
- 12 volt exterior power point for pump filling of water tank (pump not supplied)
- Push-button locks on overhead locker doors
- Sprung interior mattresses, seat and backrest cushions
- En-route and on-site heating from dual fuel 3kW gas and 2kW electric space heater
- Dual fuel gas and 800W mains electric storage water heater
- Digital control, Smart Energy Selection fridge. 97 litre in Starfire; 112 litre in Starspirit and Starstream
- Full oven, separate grill and dual fuel hob with 800W electric hotplate and 3 gas burners with electronic ignition and flame failure protection
- Microwave oven built into kitchen locker
- Five 230V sockets in Starstream; four in Starfire and Starspirit
- Heavy duty rear extensions ready for optional homologated towbar
- European Whole Vehicle Type Approval ensures compliance with strict weight, dimensions and safety regulations
- Roll-out awning
- Colour and night vision reversing camera with screen mounted on rear view mirror
- Cab air conditioning combined with cruise control
- water tank heaters, insulated pipes and fridge vent covers Roof rack and ladder
- Detachable towbar (conforming to 94/20/EC) including electrics