The Swift Bolero and Bessacarr E500 series set the benchmark for low profile motorhomes when they were launched in 2006. In their first major revamp 4 new models join the ranges, the Euro5 Cab brings a host of engineering improvements and all models get AL-KO chassis and Alde heating as standard making them unique in this price sector.
The four new models are the Bolero 684FB/E564, a 4 seater four berth with fixed double bed, the Bolero 712SB/E572, a 2 seater four berth with fixed twin beds and an end washroom, the Bolero 722FB/E582, a 2 seater four berth with fixed double bed and end washroom and the Bolero 724FB/E584 a 4 seater four berth with fixed double bed and end washroom.
Depending on the model, these motorhomes come with either the Fiat Euro 5 130bhp engine as standard or the 150 bhp. The renowned 2.3 litre 130bhp engine now boasts a 9% improvement in fuel economy and CO2 emissions are 7% lower than the Euro4 version. There is also an impressive new 2.3 litre engine with a Variable Geometry Turbo which delivers 150bhp whilst maintaining similar consumption and emission figures. It is standard in larger models and an optional upgrade in others.
For drivers wanting maximum power and performance the optional new 3.0 litre engine with Variable Geometry Turbo delivers a huge 180bhp and comes with the Comfort-Matic auto gearbox.
All models are based on AL-KO chassis. These are normally associated with much more expensive motorhomes and give the advantage of lower weight and therefore extra payload, a more rigid construction and improved ride and handling. Variable geometry also allows designers to optimise wheelbase and rear overhang.
Outside the Boleros get a striking new silver cab with a dynamic graphic scheme tying it into the body. The E500s have a classic all white exterior with strong window line graphics running along the sides. Both ranges have new LED marker lights and come with a full length recessed awning as standard.
The cab now comes with a fully integrated factory fit radio/CD/mp3 player with switch off timing adjustable up to 3 hours. And the dashboard has a factory fitted ‘Burr-wood’ effect trim giving a luxury car like feel.
The special Vogue Pack on the Bolero and Elegance Pack on the E500 now comes with an upgraded radio/CD player with steering wheel controls, Bluetooth mobile phone connectivity and USB iPod/MP3 device connection, dashboard mount and radio connection for customers Tom Tom SatNav and a twin view colour reversing camera which can be used en route. The packs are completed with cab air-conditioning and cruise control.
All models also now have a cab battery isolation switch to prevent discharge in storage, fitted as standard.
Concealed inside is perhaps the biggest improvement in the new ranges: Alde radiator central heating with daily programmable timer. Some models even have a heated towel radiator. The system gives a comfortable even temperature in winter conditions and can even operate safely while travelling thanks to the “Drivesafe” gas regulator. Models have been tested in outside temperatures down to -15°C to ensure they achieve Grade 3 classification for heating and thermal insulation.
A Winter Pack option which includes Fresh and Waste water tank heaters, waste pipe insulation and Fridge vent covers is available in all models.
The two ranges have very different interior designs based around new woodgrains: “Mali Acacia” in Bolero and “Italian Ash” in E500. The Bessacarr’s Italian Ash overhead locker doors are enhanced with a light coloured “canvas” contrast set off with bright chrome trim and fittings.
Interior illumination is improved with over-locker lighting, low level night lights that also work en-route and adjustable LED cab reading lights. The ultra-low energy system provides greater independence away from a power source.
Kitchens get an all new design featuring a lower, more accessible microwave oven and back-lit acrylic wall panel. The granite look sink is attractive and practical.
Rear passenger travelling comfort is improved with ergonomically shaped rear travelling seats and ,for easy cleaning and exclusive looks, Impala stain resistant fabric is available as an option.
“These products are by far the most popular low profile motorhomes in this sector of the market. By moving into layouts that now provide up to 4 berths, all built on the AL-KO low line chassis and fitted with Alde Heating, we aim to significantly widen the appeal of these trend setting models,” Nick Page Commercial Director commented.
Swift Bolero / Bessacarr E500 Model line up:
|Bolero 630PR/E520||3.5t 130bhp||2 seater, 2 berth with parallel rear lounge|
|Bolero 630EW/E540||3.5t 130bhp||2 seater, 2 berth with front parallel lounge and rear washroom|
|Bolero 682FB/E562||3.5t 130bhp||2 seater, 4 berth with fixed rear double bed|
|Bolero 684FB/E564||3.7t 130bhp||NEW – 4 seater, 4 berth with fixed double bed|
|Bolero 712SB/E572||4.0t 150bhp||NEW – 2 seater, 4 berth with fixed twin beds and end washroom|
|Bolero 722FB/E582||4.0t 150bhp||2 seater, 4 berth with fixed double bed and end washroom|
|Bolero 724FB/E584||4.0t 150bhp||NEW – 4 seater , 4 berth with fixed double bed and end washroom|
Swift Bolero/E500 Key features:
Key Selling Points
- Metallic silver cab (Swift only)
- Fiat Euro5 130bhp engine – 9% improvement in fuel economy and 7% lower CO2 emissions than Euro4 130bhp engine (630EW/E540, 630PR/E520, 682FB/E562, 684FB/E564)
- Fiat Euro5 150bhp Variable Geometry Turbo engine – similar fuel consumption to 130 but stronger performance.( 712SB/E572, 722FB/E582 and 724FB/E584)
- Fully integrated factory-fit Radio/CD/MP3 player with switch-off timing adjustable up to 3 hours
- Factory–fitted Burr wood effect dashboard trim
- Fiat/AL-KO lowline chassis with wide track giving superior ride and handling.
- Alde dual fuel radiator central heating and water heating with daily programming. Heated towel rail also fitted in 630EW/E540, 712SB/E572, 722SB/E582, 724SB/E584)
- Grade 3 classification (EN 1646-1) for heating and thermal insulation (for sub-zero ambient temperatures)
- Ergonomically shaped rear travelling seats (684FB/E564 and 724FB/E584)
- Ultra low energy lighting system for greater independence
- Over locker ambient lighting, new adjustable cab reading lights, night lights
- Full length recessed awning
- Comfort-Matic automatic gearbox and upgrade to 3.0 litre 180bhp VGT engine
- 'Impala' stain-resistant, easy-clean seating fabric with soft nubuck texture
- Special value Vogue/Elegance Pack with:
- Upgraded radio/cd player with Bluetooth mobile phone connectivity and USB i-Pod/MP3 device connection and steering wheel controls
- Dashboard mount and audio connection for customers’ Tom Tom Satnav
- Twin view colour reversing camera allowing use en-route
- Cab air-conditioning
- Cruise control
- Winter Pack with:
- Fresh and waste water tank heaters
- Waste pipe insulation
- Fridge vent covers
Swift Group Plus-Points
- European Whole Vehicle Type Approval ensures compliance with strict weight, dimensions and safety regulations
- Cab battery isolation switch to prevent discharge in storage
- Driver and passenger airbags
- Concertina windscreen blind and side window blinds
- Cab carpet (removable)
- Heavy duty rear chassis members ready for optional towbar
- Spare wheel and tyre
- One-piece, 5000 Series marine grade aluminium side-walls finished in white
- Key fob operated remote central locking of cab doors and entrance door
- 44mm ‘sandwich’ floor with Xyligen treated WBP plywood and Styrofoam insulation core
- Strong redwood body and floor framing impregnated to resist moisture and fungal attack
- Full GRP rear panel with high-level brake light and camera housing
- Fixing points for rear-mounted cycle rack
- 12 volt exterior power point for pump filling of water tank (pump not supplied)
- Roof and wiring prepared for solar panel installation
- Easy-access eye-level consumer unit
- Dual fuel hob with 800W electric hotplate and 3 gas burners
- Digital control Smart Energy Selection fridge
- Granite-look GRP kitchen sink
- High impact, scratch resistant floor lino
- Concertina action door flyscreen
- Removable carpets in living area
- Push-button locks on overhead locker doors