Winning formula of Swift Challenger Sport and Sterling Eccles Sport ranges enhanced for 2013
09 August 2012
With sales of the Challenger and Eccles Sport models running over 40 per cent ahead of the models they replaced they are the success story of 2012. With even more specification as standard for 2013 they will lead the Swift Group value for money offering to beat the economic gloom.
Two of the best known names in the world of touring caravans, these stylish lightweight Sport versions came onto the market as lightweight superstars with prices starting at under £14,000.
For 2013 the winning formula is even stronger.
The panoramic front roof window, very much part of the brands’ character, moves from optional to standard fit due to strength of demand. And the standard equipment list is boosted with items only seen before on more expensive ranges.
The heating system is upgraded to a Truma Combi-Boiler which uses gas and 230V mains power for hot water and blown-air central heating. This system can be programmed with a user-friendly, touch-screen control panel and it only uses the space of a conventional water heater, leaving the space previously used by the room heater for convenient storage.
Recognising owners’ desire to protect their investment, Swift Group has fitted all Sport models with a “Tracker Retrieve” Thatcham approved tracking system. Many insurers offer discounts for trackers, and it could save customers several hundred pounds for fitting one later.
Eccles Sport interiors benefit from stunning new furniture styling using “Italian Ash” contemporary woodgrain and both brands have the latest new Thetford 113 litre fridge/freezer with digital controls set in a smart black surround.
There’s an impressive choice of nine layouts: a 2-berth, five 4-berths and three 6-berth models, including the twin-axle 636 which has been modified from a triple bunk to double bunk configuration with lift up bunk over dayseat. All come with the reassurance of Swift Group’s 10-year body integrity warranty.
“The Sport models came onto the market just at the right time and offered a well specified product that not only looked ultra modern but was light enough to be towed by most smaller cars and offered amazing value at a low window price. To many of our customers caravanning is a way of life and they want to keep up to date whenever possible. These models have proved affordable and with even more value will be even more in demand in 2013,” Nick Page. Commercial Director of the Swift Group commented.
Challenger Sport and Eccles Sport Model Ranges
|Challenger Sport 442/ Eccles Sport 442||Single axle||2 berth – front parallel seating, end washroom|
|Challenger Sport 514/ Eccles Sport 514||Single axle||4 berth – front parallel seating, open plan fixed bed layout|
|Challenger Sport 524/ Eccles Sport 524||Single axle||4 berth – front parallel seating, side dinette, end washroom|
|Challenger Sport 554/ Eccles Sport 554||Single axle||4 berth – front parallel seating, fixed bed, end washroom|
|Challenger Sport 564/ Eccles Sport 564||Single axle||4 berth – front parallel seating, two large fixed rear single beds, end washroom, centre kitchen|
|Challenger Sport 584/ Eccles Sport 584||Single axle||4 berth – front parallel seating, centre kitchen, transverse island double bed and end washroom|
|Challenger Sport 585/ Eccles Sport 585||Single axle||6 berth – front parallel seating, twin rear bunks and washroom, centre single dinette and centre kitchen|
|Challenger Sport 586/ Eccles Sport 586/td>||Single axle||6 berth – front parallel seating, rear double bunk and rear dinette with additional bunk|
|Challenger Sport 636/ Eccles Sport 636||Twin axle||MODIFIED LAYOUT 6 berth – front parallel seating, side dinette with lift up bunk and rear double bunk beds|
Challenger Sport and Eccles Sport Key Features
Key Selling Points
- Free manufacturers 10 year bodyshell warranty
- Fuel saving aerodynamic front in closed -mould GRP with wide front door
- Front shape designed to maximise headroom and seating comfort
- Crisply styled full height moulded rear panel
- Fully bonded roof for extra strength and flatness
- Semi-recessed body colour awning rail both sides
- New panoramic front roof window
- 2.25m (7’4½) overall width
- AL-KO ATC trailer stability control fitted as standard
- New “Tracker Retrieve” Thatcham approved tracking system
- New Truma Dual Fuel combi boiler with programmable timing for heating and hot water and touch screen control
- Low energy lighting system with fluorescent ambient over-locker lights and LED task lights
- New LED awning light
- New Thetford 113-litre fridge/freezer with electronic ignition, LED controls and contemporary black surround.
- Four 230V sockets including two in front shelf pod
- Midi-Heki roof window with flyscreen and adjustable concertina blind
- Alternative fabric scheme
- Al-Ko Secure wheel lock
- Al-Ko side-lift jack
- Wrap-around seating in addition to drawer chest
- Alarm system (infra-red with tilt sensor and key-fob operation)