Escape takes on a more up market look while keeping a low entry level price tag
23 August 2012
The award winning Escape range follows the trend set in the car industry by taking on an up market all white exterior, enhanced by sporty blue and grey graphics, for the 2013 season.
With several industry awards for design, specification and value the Escape by the marketing leading Swift Group has set the entry level standard since its launch in 2009.
With prices amongst the most competitive in this market sector, Escapes are likely to continue as one of Swift’s most popular ranges.
Many motorhomes in this price category have only 110bhp engines, but the power unit in all Escapes is the Fiat 2.3 litre, 130bhp Euro5 turbo diesel with a 6-speed gearbox. It’s a great performer; it’s also easy to drive, quiet and has class-leading economy and emissions. New for 2013, and expected to be popular, is the option of the recently launched Fiat Comfort-Matic automatic gearbox linked to the 130bhp engine.
The one low-line and three high-line models are ideal for young or “three-generation” families; two layouts have four belted travelling seats and two layouts have six.
The standard equipment package includes all the essentials and more at a price that makes owning a new motorhome an affordable proposition. It’s enhanced with a list of popular extras in the Comfort Pack which is optional, but priced so keenly it’s always selected.
A major specification addition for 2013 is a “Tracker Retrieve” Thatcham approved tracking system. Many insurers insist on trackers, so it could save customers several hundred pounds for fitting one later.
Nick Page, Swift Group’s Commercial Director, commented, “Escapes are designed to be robust and practical and are built by the same production team as our flagship Kon-Tiki range. They are great value, especially with the Comfort Pack and the standard Fiat 2.3 litre engine. So they are ideal for people who would rather buy new than second hand.”
Escape Model Range
|624 High Line||130bhp||5 berth end kitchen high line with 3 designated passenger seats|
|664 Low Line||130bhp||4 berth fixed bed low line with 3 designated passenger seats|
|686 High Line||130bhp||6 berth end lounge high line with 5 designated passenger seats|
|696 High Line||130bhp||6 berth with bunkroom at the rear which doubles as a storage area with external access, 5 designated passenger seats|
Escape Key features:
- Free manufacturers 10 year bodyshell warranty
- Fiat Euro 5 2.3 litre 130bhp engine – 9% improvement in fuel economy and 7% lower CO2 emissions than Euro 4 130bhp engine
- Fully integrated factory-fit Radio/CD/MP3 player with switch-off timing adjustable up to 3 hours
- Heavy duty chassis extensions ready for optional homologated towbar
- Electrically operated and tinted cab windows
- Remote central locking of cab doors and immobiliser with rolling code
- Thermal cab window covers
- One-piece, 5000 Series marine grade aluminium sidewalls
- Lap and diagonal seat belts on all designated passenger seats
- Secure positive catches on all furniture doors
- Seat tops with beech slats, spring-assisted for easy access (except travelling seats)
- Heavy duty, durable floor vinyl
- Removable carpets
- Heki rooflight in lounge area with flyscreen and adjustable pleated blind
- Combination thermostatic oven and grill with electronic ignition
- New Dometic 8-Series fridge T
- hree 230V sockets
- 300 Watt charger/transformer for 12V supply
- 70 amp-hour leisure battery in exterior access locker
- 65 litre internal fresh water tank with level sensor
- 68 litre waste water tank with level sensor
- New Tracker Retrieve Thatcham approved tracking system
- Fiat Comfort-Matic automatic gearbox (only available in conjunction with Comfort Pack)
- Special Value Comfort Pack consisting of:
- NEW Cab air-conditioning
- Electric entrance step with automatic drive-away retraction
- Easy action concertina door flyscreen
- Ultraheat dual fuel blown air heating system ducted to living, sleeping and washroom areas
- Pleated windscreen blind